You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-14 13:48:52

hotshot247

updating local repo

please correct me if this is in the wrong place but it's the only place i've seen that it might fit but anyways, i made a local repo of AUR packages because i have multiple computers and i don't want to have to build apps multiple times for different computers but my question is, is their a way to check all of my packages at once and have it display which ones has an update or do i have to go through my apps one by one and check them? thanks in advance for the help!

#2 2020-10-14 14:15:31

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: updating local repo

For sake of discussion, lets call the computer than has this local repo of built AUR packages a server, and your other computers clients:  Then when you ask whether packages have updates, do you mean you want client systems to check whether the server has updated built packages, or that you want the server to be able to check whether built packages in the local repo should be rebuilt because there is new upstream / aur source material available?

If the former, having a properly set up repository should take care of this - if the repo is added to the pacman.conf on the clients, a simple `pacman -Syu` will bring in any available updates.

If you mean the latter, there is no official automated way to do this, but there are countless tools to do so (e.g., AUR helpers).  If you are maintaining a local repo of built AUR packages and want to streamline their maintenance, I suspect you would be well served by Alad's aur-tools (or is it aur-utils?)

Last edited by Trilby (2020-10-14 14:16:29)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2020-10-14 14:25:04

hotshot247

what i am wanting is the server to check and see if their is an update to a package so i can build the newer version and add it to the repo replacing the older one. i have everything set up for all of the clients to upgrade from the server. i found what you were talking about. it's AladW Utils. thanks for your help!

#4 2020-10-14 15:42:01

schard
Forum Moderator
Website

macro_rules! yolo { { $($tokens:tt)* } => { unsafe { $($tokens)* } }; }

#5 2020-10-14 16:34:36

hotshot247

i checked out aurutils and it does exactly what i want it to do. thanks for the help!

Board footer