You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-16 04:04:26

kush999996666

Bluetooth mouse natural scrolling keeps resetting

Hi, natural scrolling on my Bluetooth mouse suddenly got disabled, initially, it was on by default. I can enable it back again with the command

xinput set-prop "Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse" 331 {1}

However, it keeps resetting after my pc goes idle. I have a file I use to set natural scrolling for my touchpad so i have tried this as a permanent solution but it doesn't work it keeps resetting.

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/40-libinput.conf
Section "InputClass"
	Identifier "DLL0798:00 06CB:7E92 Touchpad"
	Driver "libinput"
	Option "Tapping" "on"
	Option "NaturalScrolling" "true"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
	Identifier "Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse"
	Driver "libinput"
	Option "NaturalScrolling" "true"
EndSection

Im not sure what to do to fix this permanently.

#2 2020-10-27 04:57:47

kush999996666

Re: Bluetooth mouse natural scrolling keeps resetting

im still having this issue anyone got any idea how to solve ?

#3 2020-10-27 09:28:03

Ropid

Re: Bluetooth mouse natural scrolling keeps resetting

You misunderstood what the "Identifier" line is doing. The "identifier" doesn't actually have a meaning. It's just a name that you are giving that section in the config. That name is only useful so that you can find it in the Xorg log file.

To search for a device name, you use the "MatchProduct" rule instead, not "Identifier".

There's also different "Match*" rules that are interesting. I'm thinking you don't have to look for exactly the Microsoft mouse device name with "MatchProduct", you could instead just look for any mouse device with "MatchIsPointer". Try the following config here:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "my mouse settings"
    MatchDriver "libinput"
    MatchIsPointer "yes"
    Option "NaturalScrolling" "yes"
EndSection

This config is looking for a mouse that is using the libinput driver, and then it tries to change the "NaturalScrolling" option. To see if the config was found by the Xorg server, look into the Xorg log file and search for the "my mouse settings" identifier.

Board footer