You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-14 11:22:25

SPYAM

Recommended for Arch Linux Community

Hello
If I can not speak English fluently and fluently, forgive me as an adult because I do not know English and I get help from Google Translate to do this.
Special thanks to all the friends who help improve Arch Linux and thank you very much.
As a beginner, I tried several times to change my operating system from Windows to Linux, but unfortunately I returned to the Windows operating system!
But this time I came with power and completely wiped the Windows operating system and completely installed the Linux Arch distribution operating system and with your help, dear ones, I am achieving good results.
I have three suggestions for improving the Arch Linux community that I want to make here if administrators can apply these likes.
1- Please, after someone's problem is solved with the guidance of a person, please change the background of that post or put a green tick next to it so that everyone else can see that their problem was solved with this post! (I think there are tools for this that can be easily implemented)
2- If possible, please use the thank you plugin for the posts so that we, the users, can give a positive rating to the post of whoever was good and the answer was appropriate, and we would like that post if the post was inappropriate or irrational. Give negative.
3- Please consider a user group for user groups that are here, for example, managers, supervisors, users and beginners, and apply a specific color for each.

Thank you all for reading this
This was just my opinion that I wanted to say here.

Only progress!

#2 2020-11-14 12:39:43

GaKu999

Re: Recommended for Arch Linux Community

1- It's '[SOLVED]'
2- If a post is against the rules, it gets reported, rating is...${description:-bloat}
3- There are, members, moderators, wiki maintainers, and others maybe

This forum uses FluxBB, and if I'm correct, it's decided to have it the simple way, no cruft nor unneeded features, a simple forum.

My reposSome snippets

Heisenberg might have been here.

#3 2020-11-14 12:46:51

progandy

GaKu999 wrote:

This forum uses FluxBB, and if I'm correct, it's decided to have it the simple way, no cruft nor unneeded features, a simple forum.

There are discussions since 2019 to migrate to another forum, but it is difficult to find one that is simple and has a good javascript-free/text-mode fallback.

https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/a … 00297.html

Last edited by progandy (2020-11-14 12:48:03)

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#4 2020-11-14 12:48:19

SPYAM

GaKu999 wrote:

1- It's '[SOLVED]'
2- If a post is against the rules, it gets reported, rating is...${description:-bloat}
3- There are, members, moderators, wiki maintainers, and others maybe

Oh, great if it's not that simple and crowded, it's great too
Incidentally, this simplicity is very beautiful and I like it ...
I said this as far as I could tell
thank you

Only progress!

#5 2020-11-14 15:34:50

twelveeighty

You're two days into your first Arch installation that required a massive amount of hand-holding and you're giving recommendations on how to run the forums without having read the code of conduct, basic troubleshooting skills and how to ask the right questions. First work on those skills and contribute before asking more favors.

#6 2020-11-15 00:47:55

eschwartz
Fellow

SPYAM wrote:

3- Please consider a user group for user groups that are here, for example, managers, supervisors, users and beginners, and apply a specific color for each.

Each user has a title under their name. For most users, this is "member", but for forum moderators or administrators this is "Administrator" or "Forum Moderator". In fact, you may search for users on https://bbs.archlinux.org/userlist.php (public link to the user list is at the top of the forum: "Index User list Rules Search Profile Logout") and you can filter users according to user groups.

There are other user groups too, like developer, trusted user, etc. The default user group is "Member", but anyone in a different user group generally has a descriptive title. They are just text, not colors, but I have always thought they stood out fairly well.

I'm not sure how we'd differentiate between "users" and "beginners". One could look at the date a user joined and how many posts they made, and make a pretty good guess which people are beginners.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#7 2020-11-15 01:19:11

ewaller
Administrator

SPYAM wrote:

Hello...
If I can not speak English fluently and fluently, forgive me as an adult because I do not know English and I get help from Google Translate to do this..

I guarantee you that your English is far better than my Farsi; one of my greatest regrets in life is that I am not a polyglot.   Kudos to you.

As an administrator here, I will tell you that the various projects around Arch Linux do watch for members that are of help to the community.  The Forum moderators nominate members from the forums amongst ourselves, and will invite people to join us based upon their technical ability and judgement.   The Trusted User group does something similar in which members can ask for consideration with sponsorship from the existing TU community.  The same holds true for developers, Wiki administrators, etc...

We are truly a community.  Welcome.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#8 2020-11-15 01:44:07

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

ewaller wrote:

We are truly a community.

And a long lasting one which means we have quite a bit of inertia.  And this means not only continuing to move in the direction we are going, but also having a great resitance to any new changes.

This means when new users come along and suggest changes, they can be met with abrupt responses.  Sometimes this is good and justified: many policies of this community have been hashed out over time with lots of thought and revision.  The suggestion of haphazard changes can really be disrespectful of the previous effort.  But just as often the resistance to change is just knee jerk reaction.  New users can have just as valid of an input as anyone else.

However, given the fact that new users, by definition, are not familiar with previous discussions of potential changes, it would be wise for newer users to be more reserved in their suggestions.  Take time to how things work in a community, and perhaps try to learn why they work that way, before trying to change things.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer