You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-16 07:45:31

shallpion

Nautils not asking passwd when not using shared folder name [solved]

Hi, I am using GNOME 3.38 and I have a synology Samba server running in LAN. I noticed that if I try to connect to the server using smb://<server ip> instead of smb://<server ip>/<shared folder name> in nautilus. Nautilus will not ask for user name/password and will time out the connection after a while.

However, if I connect to this Samba server from other machines in LAN, including a win 10 machine, a Ubuntu 20.04 running Nautilus 3.36.3, a Fedora running 3.38.1,  a Kubuntu running Dolphin, some phone apps, and if I only provide the server ip without folder name I was able to receive a prompt asking for user name/password as expected. Only my Arch copy of nautilus is not asking this...

Anyone has similar issue? Thanks!

Thanks

Last edited by shallpion (2020-11-16 08:29:21)

#2 2020-11-16 08:28:25

shallpion

Re: Nautils not asking passwd when not using shared folder name [solved]

Ok, so I don't know what happened but after I tried to use "dbus-launch nautilus", I suddenly was able to connect to the Samba without providing shared folder name (so I can see all the folders my user has access to), and after reboot the effect persists.

I am not suggesting the dbus thing to be useful or not, but if you run into similar issues, might want to give it a try.

I still don't understand what was the root cause... I will mark this as solved without RCA then.

Board footer