You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-17 03:29:23

tejasn14

Dmenu - Show installed PWA's in Dmenu search

The PWA's ( progressive web apps) that I have installed through Chromium don't turn up in dmenu's search
How to get all my installed PWA's to show up in dmenu's search

#2 2020-11-17 03:40:48

GaKu999

Re: Dmenu - Show installed PWA's in Dmenu search

tejasn14 wrote:

The PWA's ( progressive web apps) that I have installed through Chromium don't turn up in dmenu's search
How to get all my installed PWA's to show up in dmenu's search

They need to be in $PATH, do you know where are they in your filesystem?
(Still, I can’t assume that is doable, you could make a dir with symlinks and then add that dir to $PATH)

What kind of “apps”, are they like normal software?
Or they need cromium like electron bloatys?

Edit: disregard, I’m going to be striking this for the time being.
For the research I made, I concluded they cannot be launched in the way dmenu expects to be able to do, hence, this is not-doable, unless I’m wrong, which is also posible.

Last edited by GaKu999 (2020-11-17 03:50:09)

My reposSome snippets

Heisenberg might have been here.

#3 2021-12-07 22:39:34

mjrbrennan

Sorry to bump this, but I've just come across the same issue and I found out how to do it. I just looked in my ~/Desktop folder where there was a chrome-RANDOMID-Default.desktop which is the shortcut for the PWA.  Inside there will be at least one Exec command. I just took the command and made an executable bash script and added it to my PATH so it is picked up by dmenu and it worked fine. The Exec command should look like "chromium --profile-directory=Default --app-id=APPID --app-launch-url-for-shortcuts-menu-item=URL".

#4 2021-12-07 23:20:33

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Thanks for the contribution, but this thread is more than a year old and the OP has not been back since the first post.

Closing.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer