You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-18 04:07:06

seanconn256

Cannot build jellyfin [SOLVED]

I am trying to install jellyfin on a machine I just set up today, and I'm getting this error when building it:

Process terminated. Infinite recursion during resource lookup within System.Private.CoreLib.  This may be a bug in System.Private.CoreLib, or potentially in certain extensibility points such as assembly resolve events or CultureInfo names.  Resource name: Argument_InvalidResourceCultureName
   at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
   at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
   at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.VerifyCultureName(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetResourceFileName(System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.Resources.ResourceSet>, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
   at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.VerifyCultureName(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetResourceFileName(System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GrovelForResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<System.String,System.Resources.ResourceSet>, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.InternalGetResourceSet(System.Globalization.CultureInfo, Boolean, Boolean)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at Microsoft.DotNet.Configurer.DotnetFirstTimeUseConfigurer.PrintFirstTimeMessageWelcome()
   at Microsoft.DotNet.Configurer.DotnetFirstTimeUseConfigurer.Configure()
   at Microsoft.DotNet.Cli.Program.ConfigureDotNetForFirstTimeUse(Microsoft.DotNet.Configurer.IFirstTimeUseNoticeSentinel, Microsoft.DotNet.Configurer.IAspNetCertificateSentinel, Microsoft.DotNet.Configurer.IFileSentinel, Boolean, Microsoft.DotNet.Configurer.DotnetFirstRunConfiguration, Microsoft.DotNet.Cli.Utils.IE
nvironmentProvider)
   at Microsoft.DotNet.Cli.Program.ProcessArgs(System.String[], Microsoft.DotNet.Cli.Telemetry.ITelemetry)
   at Microsoft.DotNet.Cli.Program.Main(System.String[])
/home/sean/.cache/yay/jellyfin/PKGBUILD: line 28: 80134 Aborted                 (core dumped) dotnet build --configuration Release Jellyfin.Server
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
error making: jellyfin (jellyfin-web jellyfin-server jellyfin)

i've installed jellyfin, jellyfin-server-bin + jellyfin-web-bin, and jellyfin-git, all to the same effect.

My installed dependency versions are all up to date.

Last edited by seanconn256 (2020-11-18 13:54:29)

#2 2020-11-18 12:37:17

Omar007

Re: Cannot build jellyfin [SOLVED]

seanconn256 wrote:

i've installed jellyfin, jellyfin-server-bin + jellyfin-web-bin, and jellyfin-git, all to the same effect.

This is not possible. The *-bin packages do not perform any `dotnet` operations so it is impossible for those to give you the same build error.

jellyfin and jellyfin-git are the same other than the version they pull in so only for these two I'd say it is possible they show the same error but if you're fine with using the binary version, just install jellyfin-server-bin+jellyfin-web-bin.

If you want to fix the build-from-source packages (either jellyfin or jellyfin-git depending on the version you want to use; official release or potentially broken latest available commit), first step would be to check the AUR comments for known issues.

All of that said, when I'm looking at the exception you provided I get the immediate impression that you may not have configured your system locale properly.
Could you provide the contents of /etc/locale.conf ?

Last edited by Omar007 (2020-11-18 12:41:22)

#3 2020-11-18 13:54:10

seanconn256

The locale.conf was it. I had a colon instead of a period. Thank you.

As for the error message, I must have confused the debug output in some manner.

Out of curiosity, what led you to suspect the locale configuration?

#4 2020-11-18 13:59:09

Omar007

seanconn256 wrote:

Out of curiosity, what led you to suspect the locale configuration?

First line, at the end it says "Resource name: Argument_InvalidResourceCultureName".
Culture is basically the C# equivalent of Locale so this would imply the default/system locale would be invalid as that is the one that would've been used here.

Board footer