You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-27 17:42:11

ndlascce

discover "No applications back-ends found"

I cannot install kde extensions via discover. The latter app writes to me: "No applications back-ends found, please report to your distribution". The problem, of course, is local and there is no point in reporting it as bug. Everything I tried didn’t help. Also, while I was trying to fix the error, I foolishly deleted the ~/.local/share/discover directory and since that time I cannot run this program from the command line. But when it work, running discover through the terminal show: "QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated.". How fix it all?

#2 2020-11-27 19:52:05

siepo

Re: discover "No applications back-ends found"

Try installing packagekit-qt5. Output from pacman-Si discover:

Optional Deps   : packagekit-qt5: to manage packages from Arch Linux repositories
                  flatpak: Flatpak packages support
                  fwupd: firmware update support

#3 2020-11-27 20:02:43

ndlascce

Re: discover "No applications back-ends found"

siepo wrote:

Try installing packagekit-qt5. Output from pacman-Si discover:

Optional Deps   : packagekit-qt5: to manage packages from Arch Linux repositories
                  flatpak: Flatpak packages support
                  fwupd: firmware update support

I've already tried it. After that, discover becomes able to manage the arch packages and the title inscription is no longer displayed, but this does not solve my problems. I still can't install kde add-ons. Only this time, discover endlessly writes "still looking" on their pages.

Board footer