You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-28 14:47:57

josephk
Website

[solved] No DJ controller found on Mixx, still 100% compatible

Hello!

I've bought this Reloop Digital Jockey IE 2 for usinig it as an audio and controller device in conjunction with Mixxx.

Tried on my parent's Ubuntu desktop everything works out of the box, but on my arch notebook setup only the sound card is working. No controllers available.

Could be a permission problem, so I added myself to users, audio and uucp groups; but nothing.

Maybe writing an udev rule.. i followed the rule written on the Mixxx community faq and only the mouse became available as a controller.

So no idea about what to do. If someone please could help me, it would be VERY appreciated.

Cheers!

alex
---------

FIX:

modprobe snd-seq-midi

Last edited by josephk (2015-05-28 15:02:25)

#2 2020-11-29 15:05:40

F1iX

Re: [solved] No DJ controller found on Mixx, still 100% compatible

For me,

sudo modprobe -a snd_seq_midi

resulted in

modprobe: WARNING: Module snd_seq_midi not found in directory /lib/modules...

and I was unable to find the controller in Mixxx even though the soundcard got detected in pavucontrol right away.

Rebooting with the DJ controller attached (Hercules Inpulse 200 in my case) via USB did the trick, the kernel module was loaded automatically and I was able to find the controller in Mixxx. The mapping for Hercules Inpulse 300 works well for Inpulse 200 so far (only the beat matching indicator lights are missing).

#3 2020-11-29 23:49:47

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow

Re: [solved] No DJ controller found on Mixx, still 100% compatible

Thanks for the contribution, but this thread is very old, marked solved, and the OP has not been here since 2016.

Closing.

Board footer