You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-02 06:00:49

Benjimanrich
Member
Registered: 2020-11-30
Posts: 14

pacman broke due to power outage during system upgrade.

I was updating my system when my power went out. I quickly started my PC when power came. I tried logging into plasma but it was stuck on load so I opened a tty and tried to complete the update but I got this error.
Is there any fix to this?
pacman: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libgpgme.so.11: file too short

Offline

#2 2020-12-02 06:08:06

Scimmia
Bug Wrangler
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 8,342

Re: pacman broke due to power outage during system upgrade.

Reinstall the package that includes that library. Really, reinstall all packages included in the update in question.

Offline

#3 2020-12-02 06:19:31

Benjimanrich
Member
Registered: 2020-11-30
Posts: 14

Re: pacman broke due to power outage during system upgrade.

Scimmia wrote:

Reinstall the package that includes that library. Really, reinstall all packages included in the update in question.

I can't do pacman -S too

Offline

#4 2020-12-02 06:20:41

Scimmia
Bug Wrangler
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 8,342

Re: pacman broke due to power outage during system upgrade.

Oh, good point, pacman needs gpgme. You'll need to use an install disk with --sysroot or pacman-static.

Offline

#5 2020-12-02 07:17:39

Benjimanrich
Member
Registered: 2020-11-30
Posts: 14

Re: pacman broke due to power outage during system upgrade.

Scimmia wrote:

Oh, good point, pacman needs gpgme. You'll need to use an install disk with --sysroot or pacman-static.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … an_upgrade
I found this. Will this work?

Offline

#6 2020-12-02 09:57:58

GaKu999
Member
From: US/Eastern
Registered: 2020-06-21
Posts: 590

Re: pacman broke due to power outage during system upgrade.

Benjimanrich wrote:
Scimmia wrote:

Oh, good point, pacman needs gpgme. You'll need to use an install disk with --sysroot or pacman-static.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … an_upgrade
I found this. Will this work?

That is, the long version of what Scimmia said.
And yes, it will work.


My reposSome snippets

Heisenberg might have been here.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB