You are not logged in.

#51 2020-12-03 02:28:39

promach

Re: [REQUEST] Xyce circuit simulator

The trilinos package is configured on different ways for them, for that reason I named the packages `trilinos-xyce-serial` and `xyce-serial` because it will build and install xyce for parallel process.

why are you building against the serial version of xyce ?

Enabling the parallel version only requires few more modification such as mpicc and other dependencies.

#52 2020-12-03 10:55:59

Lone_Wolf

makedepends=('gcc-fortran' 'perl' 'blas' 'cmake' 'doxygen' 'bc' 'gtest')
provides=('trilinos')
conflicts=('trilinos')
checkdepends=('cmake')

I don't think you can run check() without makedepends being present.
If i'm right having cmake in both makedepends and checkdepends is technically correct, but overkill.

Looks like you're not aware of https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CM … guidelines ?

Have you considered letting cmake create ninja files instead of unix makefiles ?

-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc \
	-DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++ \

Normally PKGBUILDs set environment variables CC and CXX to select a compiler if needed.
Many arch users have ccache installed to speed up compilation , using CC CXX that works fine.
Have you verified whether cmake uses ccache when the compiler is set like this ?

Bollos00 wrote:

Now xyce-serial is available on version 7.2.0 and can be installed with the AUR Helper of your choice. For instance, with yay it can be done with:

yay -S xyce-serial

It must install trilinos-xyce-serial and xyce-serial from the AUR besides any other dependencies that are not already installed on the system.

Aur helpers are unsupported, please don't advise using them.

Have you tested building the packages with makepkg (preferably in a clean chroot  ) ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#53 2020-12-04 02:41:47

Bollos00

Lone_Wolf wrote:

If i'm right having cmake in both makedepends and checkdepends is technically correct, but overkill.

So I should just erase that line and let cmake only on the makedepends?

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Looks like you're not aware of https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CM … guidelines ?

I did not know about those guidelines, thank you. I was following building guide on the documentation (https://xyce.sandia.gov/documentation/B … Guide.html) and they recommended use those flags:

FLAGS="-O3 -fPIC"

I have put it as indicated somewhere on this thread, like this:

-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="${CXXFLAGS/-O2/-O3} -fPIC" \
		-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="${CFLAGS/-O2/-O3} -fPIC" \
		-DCMAKE_Fortran_FLAGS="${FFLAGS/-O2/-O3} -fPIC" \

I have now changed the build type as the guidelines says I should do:

-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE='None' \
		-Wno-dev
Lone_Wolf wrote:

Have you considered letting cmake create ninja files instead of unix makefiles ?

I have just follow what the building guide says I should do (https://xyce.sandia.gov/documentation/BuildingGuide.html Building Trilinos for Serial Xyce) and their example uses make. Also, the template that I used (the trilinos PKGBUILD on the AUR) also uses make to build trilinos so it was easy to adapt. Is there any big advantage on building it with ninja? The trilinos building guide shows how to do it.

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Normally PKGBUILDs set environment variables CC and CXX to select a compiler if needed.
Many arch users have ccache installed to speed up compilation , using CC CXX that works fine.
Have you verified whether cmake uses ccache when the compiler is set like this ?

Enabling ccache and not setting the DCMAKE_C_COMPILER and DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to gcc and g++ seemed to work fine.

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Have you tested building the packages with makepkg (preferably in a clean chroot  ) ?

I also did not know about it, tank you! Now I did it and I fixed the dependencies.

#54 2020-12-04 02:47:20

Bollos00

promach wrote:

why are you building against the serial version of xyce ?

I think it is better to separate those two, as the manual recommends. Since just a few modifications would be needed, it would be simple to adapt it to the parallel building.

#55 2020-12-04 15:13:42

Lone_Wolf

Ninja is leaner then make and tends to be a lot faster with compiling, especially on multi-core systems.
Its biggest disadvantage in my opinion : it is very resource hungry which often leads to everything else grinding to a halt (can be tweaked)

Bollos00 wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:

So I should just erase that line and let cmake only on the makedepends?

That is my advice, ,yes.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer