You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-06 11:50:52

ParanoidNemo

Create Xen boot entry on systemd-boot

Hi all,
I'm trying to setup the xen hypervisor on my new installation, and following the wiki I've reached this point https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xen#Systemd-boot but the xen-X.Y.Z.efi (obviously changing the xyz with the actual xen version) doesn't exists on my system, so I don't know how to add the actual xen entry so that I can proceed with the configuration.
Anyone as any ideas?

#2 2020-12-06 18:34:01

twelveeighty

Re: Create Xen boot entry on systemd-boot

The PKGBUILD on the xen AUR package has this:

package_xen() {
[...]
    mv "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/efi/xen-${pkgver}.efi" "${pkgdir}/usr/lib/efi/xen.efi"

Is there a zen.efi in /usr/lib/efi?

#3 2020-12-06 18:50:57

ParanoidNemo

You are absolutely right! How have I missed it?! So I have to manually copy it on the /boot partition or I can link it directly in the config file?

#4 2020-12-06 19:39:42

twelveeighty

Well - here's the problem, I do not use Xen myself. It does appear that the Wiki and the AUR package are doing different things, since the Wiki in several places refers to "xen-X.Y.Z.efi", not "xen.efi", so either 1) we both are missing something 2) the Wiki is outdated or 3) the AUR package was changed recently. The thing that's confusing is that the PKGBUILD explicitly renames it from xen-X.Y.Z.efi to xen.efi, which makes me think we are missing something and there's a symlink or copy made somewhere else, possibly even directly into the esp.

Did you notice this comment in the Wiki:

Note: At the time of the system's Systemd-boot installation, the ESP partition should have been mounted to /boot as this is where the XenAUR package and EFI binaries were configured and built for, not /boot/efi

Is there an .install file that comes with the Xen package? If so, look inside to see what (if any) commands are run upon installation of the Xen package.

Board footer