You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-05 20:10:54

garchomps

WPS Office Not Dedecting Installed Fonts

Normally when installing WPS Office (aka Kingsoft Office) on Linux there'd be missing fonts, I'd download them from the website (http://wps-community.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13), put them in the /home/.fonts directory, and update the font cache. However, I get a strange error now after doing this that says it still doesn't detect that the Symbol and Wingdings fonts have been installed, despite them already being have using this method. How can I fix this? Thanks.

#2 2015-02-05 20:30:18

nullified

Re: WPS Office Not Dedecting Installed Fonts

~/.fonts is deprecated (it only takes a quick search).

"We may say most aptly, that the Analytical Engine weaves algebraical patterns just as the Jacquard-loom weaves flowers and leaves." - Ada Lovelace

#3 2015-02-05 21:01:27

garchomps

nullified wrote:

~/.fonts is deprecated (it only takes a quick search).

I should of specified, I tried installing in /usr/share/fonts/ and /usr/share/fonts/wps-office to no avail as well. I even want as far as to try to install them with Font Manager, still nothing.

#4 2015-04-01 22:35:52

surfatwork

Hi, were you able to resolve this issue? My kingsoft installation (alpha16) doesnt detect the symbol and wingding fonts either.  I have copied them everywhere  I can think of, including the recommended /usr/share/fonts/wps-office

#5 2016-02-11 00:37:24

d3Xt3r

Sorry to bump up an old thread, but has anyone managed to resolve this issue?

I'm on the latest wps-office from AUR and I get the message that Symbols and Wingdings aren't installed.

I've installed the ttf-wps-fonts package, as well as copied the fonts to ~/.fonts (yes in know it's deprecated).
I've also installed ttf-ms-win10 package which has all the required fonts too.

All solutions online indicated that either of the above options (/usr/share/fonts or ~/.fonts) should work - and users have reported that it's working for them, in Ubuntu and other distros.

I've posted a comment in the AUR page for ttf-wps-fonts but haven't received a reply yet.

#6 2016-02-11 03:40:16

ewaller
Administrator

Moving to AUR issues.  No worries on the bump, this is probably the best place to discuss this.  This is an AUR package, hence the move better late than never smile

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#7 2020-12-30 11:03:56

therock

Hello,

I believe WPS Office uses fontconfig to find out fonts.

Did you let fontconfig aware of your new fonts?

Put the font in a folder that fontconfig recognizes, and call "fc-cache -f"

#8 2020-12-30 15:57:42

V1del
Forum Moderator

Welcome to the boards please don't necrobump 4 year old threads.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping%22

Closing.

Board footer