You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-27 11:13:29

hold

Some hotkeys (brightness, mic mute) disabled after sleep mode

Device: Thinkpad X1 Carbon (8th Gen).

I'm using gdm + gnome on wayland.

After rebooting, the mic mute and screen brightness keys work fine. After the laptop wakes up from sleep mode, they don't seem to have any effect. The keys mute, volume up, volume down continue to work just fine, even after sleep mode.

Any ideas? Is this a problem with wayland, gdm, or gnome? If relevant, I also have the packages tlp and acpi_call installed, but the issue seems to happen even when the computer is plugged in to the AC.

$ uname -a
Linux x1 5.9.14-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat, 12 Dec 2020 14:37:12 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

More generally, which program is responsible for handling these hotkeys? Is there a stable way to add new hotkeys in gnome? I would like to add hotkeys for: cycle to the next microphone, cycle to the next speaker, etc. with the same, nice OSD interface that is used by the other hotkeys. Besides, the "cycle external monitors" hotkey does not work at all.

Last edited by hold (2020-12-27 11:37:32)

#2 2020-12-30 11:24:04

hold

Re: Some hotkeys (brightness, mic mute) disabled after sleep mode

Actually, the problem also sometimes occurs after a normal reboot, and it does not always occur after sleep mode. So the situation is flaky. Any ideas where I should be looking?

Board footer