You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-28 18:51:51

nixIT

mate + wine = not being able to resize games window

happy holidays all, hope everyone is staying safe.

odd behavior, been using xfce for years, love it, decided to try mate so I installed it by following the wiki. when I logged in, I noticed my browser windows would tear, and I fixed that known issue by following the steps online.

the odd one I can't figure out, is when I play guild wars 2, in a window, I cannot resize the window. I have the game set to windowed mode, and in xfce I can resize that window, however in mate the game starts as a full screen window and when I try to resize it flickers and snaps back to full screen window.

does that make sense?

Not sure what to look for since it works in one desktop environment but not in the other.

thanx

--nixIT

ASRock X570 PG VELOCITA AM4 AMD X570  | AMD Ryzen 5900x | 128GB G.SKILL RipjawsV  | ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT Challenger D

#2 2021-01-03 20:36:28

nixIT

Re: mate + wine = not being able to resize games window

been doing some more testing with this, and it appears that my wine game window is staying on top of all other windows and maximized, even when it's not the active application. still trying to figure out what setting is causing it.

has anyone else running mate (or other DE) had this issue?

ASRock X570 PG VELOCITA AM4 AMD X570  | AMD Ryzen 5900x | 128GB G.SKILL RipjawsV  | ASRock Radeon RX 6700 XT Challenger D

Board footer