You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-13 15:13:27

zoug

Full system freeze at random, Thinkpad T14 Intel

Hello,

I installed Arch on a new Thinkpad T14, followed the install guide and general recommendations, and have one and only one partition on my disk, that is encrypted (LUKS). The laptop freezes completely (impossible to switch TTYs, to exit my WM or anything) at what seems to be random times. It just happened right now, I've pasted the result of `journalctl -b-1` here : https://hatebin.com/khluhlrwwd

Can you guys help me find the root of the problem ? Any commands that can help me figure out what's going on ?

Thanks a lot !
zoug

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

#2 2021-01-13 15:43:42

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Full system freeze at random, Thinkpad T14 Intel

No issues in that log, might be due to loglevel=3 and also a bit short I'd expect some more than just kernel with -b-1 , run that with sudo.

Based on the issues a few people had here, remove xf86-video-intel and configurations referencing it. It's deprecated for more modern chipsets like this.

#3 2021-01-13 16:02:49

zoug

Re: Full system freeze at random, Thinkpad T14 Intel

Thank you, just did that, will report back if the problem persists !

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move"

Board footer