You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-21 16:24:02

starfry

HP ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation and Thunderbird Dock

Has anyone any experience of the HP Dock with ZBook laptops, in particular HP TB Dock 230W and HP ZBook 15 Power G6 / G7 working under Arch specifically ?

I hear plenty of nightmare stories about Docks in general. My old trusty Dell one works great but that doesn't use TB.

Last edited by starfry (2021-01-17 17:21:55)

#2 2021-01-17 16:56:42

starfry

Re: HP ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation and Thunderbird Dock

I am having an abolute nightmare with the dock. I have here a "ZBook 15 G6 Mobile Workstation" with the "HP Dock G2" connecting two displayport screens.

The laptop itself is fine but I am having problems using the dock. Some examples

* no external screens until after login when using the nvidia discrete graphics (need to blind-login because login box is on one of the external displays)
* works fine with the integrated intel graphics, but only until a "power event" such as suspend/resume or disconnect/reconnect of the thunderbolt dock
* hard crashes, not yet narrowed down why

The jury's still out... trying to get to the bottom of the issues. I also have Ubuntu  20.04 and there are similar problems there, although the behaviour's slightly different (e.g after a power event, external displays show black screen with mouse pointer visible but nothing else). Similar crash unreliability on Ubuntu.

Board footer