You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-18 16:17:00

owtbound

NTFS Spanned Disk and ldmtool error

I've been using Arch for a few years right now, but I needed to upgrade my motherboard and processor because my old one failed. I have a dual boot scenario with Arch and Windows 10, and I am trying to get access to a spanned drive that stores all of my games (mostly Steam). This has worked in the past with Arch with these same two drives, but now it's not. The drives are not automatically mounting, and ldmtool gives me the following error twice:

(ldmtool:2407): GLib-WARNING **: 07:58:20.394: GError set over the top of a previous GError or uninitialized memory.
This indicates a bug in someone's code. You must ensure an error is NULL before it's set.
The overwriting error message was: dm_task_create(DM_DEVICE_CREATE) failed: Incompatible libdevmapper 1.02.170 (2020-03-24) and kernel driver (unknown version).
Unable to create volume Volume2 in disk group 55211b63-443e-11e7-862f-fcaa144c3f71: dm_task_create: Incompatible libdevmapper 1.02.170 (2020-03-24) and kernel driver (unknown version).

I have a NTFS mirror that ldmtool recognizes and mounts automatically, so I know it works, at least for mirrors. Here is what I've done for troubleshooting:
* Scanned disk for errors in Windows (found none)
* Attempted manually mounting the drives using "ldmtool create all"
* Ran "pacman -Syu" several times
* Ran "ldmtool create all" several more times
* Checked to see if the disks and partitions were visible using fdisk, blkid and GParted
* Moved all of my games off and reformatted in Windows, full format
* Swapped out one of the drives with a brand new drive (The main is a few months old, the secondary was eons old and I have been meaning to replace it anyways)
* Zero-filled and recreated spanned disk with a full format in Windows... again.
* Scoured the Internet while trying not to pull out my hair

I want to start gaming on Arch to slowly move myself away from using Windows so much because of privacy concerns, better performance, and because I love Arch Linux. I cannot find any information regarding this "GError" and if anyone has an idea what's going on, or what other steps I may have missed or that I can try, I am all ears.

Thank you in advance!

Board footer