You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-19 18:07:30

TheFurryWeeb

[ERROR] Arch TTY corrupts my keyboard layout until I run loadkeys

Hello there, Arch Linux Community,

After finding out how to enter into Arch Linux's text-only CLI mode, I discovered a strange issue that I still have to this very day.

Basically when I switch to another TTY and enter the full-screen command prompt, my keyboard layout becomes a weird combination of the UK and Hungarian layouts until I run this command:

sudo loadkeys hu

It's very annoying when I have to create an alternate user account for troubleshooting purposes and I can't type the number 0 because the layout gets corrupted every time I enable text-only mode. Sometimes, I intentionally don't enable sudo to avoid conflicts with the main account, but it just puts me into a Catch 22 situation.

Please help me!

Last edited by TheFurryWeeb (2021-01-19 18:08:08)

A computer and Linux nerd, an avid 2D platformer and RPG gamer and a furry combined into one person.

I hope I can help you out with your Arch issues and get myself helped out, as well.

#2 2021-01-19 18:21:39

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [ERROR] Arch TTY corrupts my keyboard layout until I run loadkeys

Searching for loadkeys in the wiki will land you on this page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Li … figuration

Last edited by V1del (2021-01-19 18:22:08)

#3 2021-01-19 18:41:15

TheFurryWeeb

Re: [ERROR] Arch TTY corrupts my keyboard layout until I run loadkeys

V1del wrote:

Searching for loadkeys in the wiki will land you on this page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Li … figuration

Yeah, I should've looked carefully into the Arch Wiki for that.

Thank you for showing me that specific wiki entry. I would've never found that alone (at least not in a reasonable amount of time).

A computer and Linux nerd, an avid 2D platformer and RPG gamer and a furry combined into one person.

I hope I can help you out with your Arch issues and get myself helped out, as well.

Board footer