You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-26 07:52:42

anonymous1893

[Solved] Spotify is a blank screen after trying to use spicetify

Obligatory Disclaimer: Bit of a newbie here so there might be a really simple fix here

I was messing around with Spicetify earlier today and unfortunately resulted in a blank screen like this https://imgur.com/a/Zr3Fw0w

Bummed out as I was I decided to uninstall spicetify and remove the .config/spicetify files too but the issue was still there. After that I reinstalled spotify quite a few times, removing the config for that each time.

Spotify is still not working and I only get that blank screen. I can still play music through the media player in the status bar but because of deleting the config I'm not logged in.

This is what comes up when I try to launch from terminal

spotify: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by spotify)
Gtk-Message: 18:48:22.982: Failed to load module "xapp-gtk3-module"
/opt/spotify/spotify: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /opt/spotify/spotify)
/opt/spotify/spotify: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /opt/spotify/spotify)
/proc/self/exe: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /proc/self/exe)

/usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4 exists but I'm not sure what to do with it and doubt it's the source of the problem because most people just say it doesn't matter.
I couldn't quite figure out the GTK3 issue either, but again, I'm not sure if that's what is causing the problem

If anyone knows a way to reinstall so it can just work normally, I think that's all I really want now lol, but any help is appreciated!!

SOLUTION: I deleted the /opt/spotify before trying to reinstall and it did the trick for me

Last edited by anonymous1893 (2021-01-29 05:03:21)

#2 2021-01-26 10:10:08

d_fajardo

Re: [Solved] Spotify is a blank screen after trying to use spicetify

When you deleted the config files, did you delete the cache as well? If not, I would try rebuilding it again perhaps the cleanest way is uninstall spotify, delete the config and cache directories and reinstall.

When I run spotify in the terminal I also get the same message as yours:

spotify: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by spotify)

(spotify:356706): Gtk-WARNING **: 10:05:19.187: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita",
/proc/self/exe: /usr/lib/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: no version information available (required by /proc/self/exe)

but spotify runs just fine. It looks like the libcurl message is irrelevant.

#3 2021-01-29 05:00:57

anonymous1893

Re: [Solved] Spotify is a blank screen after trying to use spicetify

I managed to get it to work!

Clearing the cache and config was not the thing that fixed it, it was actually deleting the /opt/spotify that let the app install itself fresh.

Annoyed I made a big deal out of this, but hopefully, anyone else that has a problem like this will know what to do now.

Board footer