You are not logged in.

#1 2021-01-30 11:18:39

meismarv

Some text invisible in Electron apps

I had this weird issue for quite some time in Skype (skypeforlinux-stable-bin), but never seeked help before. But today I got a similar problem in whatsapp-nativefier. They both seem to be built on Electron.

In Skype the first page loads correctly, but the login page has no fonts except the icons. In Whatsapp it is similar. I attach screenshots.

I searched my home directory for any GTK or Electron config/cache files and deleted them, but it did not help. Any ideas on what I can try?

Output of running /usr/share/skypeforlinux/skypeforlinux

(electron) The default value of app.allowRendererProcessReuse is deprecated, it is currently "false".  It will change to be "true" in Electron 9.  For more information please check https://github.com/electron/electron/issues/18397
Error occurred in handler for 'keychain:get-password': [Error: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files]
Error occurred in handler for 'keychain:get-password': [Error: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files]
Error occurred in handler for 'keychain:delete-password': [Error: The name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files]

Whatsapp does not output anything.

kernel 5.4.86-1-lts
nvidia 455.45.01-10
xfce 4.16.0-1

Cheers
Marvin

#2 2021-01-30 11:30:28

meismarv

Re: Some text invisible in Electron apps

forgot the pictures
skype1
skype2