You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-03 15:53:07

Skatox
Website

Firefox Developer Editi delays refreshing the content on KDE + Wayland

Hello,

I'm using KDE + Wayland and when I updated to Firefox Developer Edition 86 (85 is not affected with this) it became slow and there are delays to refresh the content, like if content gets refreshed every 10 sec. I don't have this issue on Firefox 85 nor 86 (developer edition) on X.Org. I have hardware acceleration on.

I don't know what to post since CPU usage is ok, there are no console, errors, etc.

https://www.skatox.com/blog -> Visit my blog about (Linux, Hacking, Open Source, Web Development,  Windows, Mac Os X, Internet and more......)

#2 2021-02-24 15:31:45

linux_moth

Re: Firefox Developer Editi delays refreshing the content on KDE + Wayland

I have the same problem on KDE+Plasma (5.21) after updating to Firefox 86. If I type in an input box or Firefox's address bar or click a like button or anything I have to try to scroll the screen to get it to update with my changes. No idea if it's an Arch, Wayland, KDE, or Firefox bug, and I can't find any other mentions of this happening.

#3 2021-02-24 23:10:51

Skatox
Website

@linux_moth I had to switch to X11 to avoid the problem.

https://www.skatox.com/blog -> Visit my blog about (Linux, Hacking, Open Source, Web Development,  Windows, Mac Os X, Internet and more......)

#4 2021-03-08 03:23:23

Jarek1

Exactly the same problem. I tried with default settings, fresh profile, tried firefox, firefox-developer-edition, and even firefox-esr from archlinuxcn repo - doesnt matter, it still lags like this.

Meanwhile in Sway it works without any delays.

strace shows a lot of such entries while firefox is unresponsive:

poll([{fd=4, events=POLLIN}, {fd=6, events=POLLIN}, {fd=12, events=POLLIN}, {fd=30, events=POLLIN}], 4, 0) = 0 (Timeout)

so we need to figure out what it tries to poll...

Last edited by Jarek1 (2021-03-08 03:28:51)

Board footer