You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-04 12:21:22

TheFurryWeeb

[SOFTWARE RECOMMENDATION] INTRODUCING: nvidia-all by Frogging Family

Are you having issues with your Nvidia drivers during kernel compilation and installation?

Are you tired of following what other people say here, on the ALF?

Are yout tired of punching a lot of commands into the terminal, making patch files and b*tching around with this for a month, just so that your Nvidia graphics card could work under the newest kernel?

If you anwser yes to any of these questions, then fret not, Tux and his frog friend got your back.

INTRODUCING NVIDIA-ALL, A TOOL BY FROGGING FAMILY THAT MAKES THE LIFE OF ARCH USERS OWNING NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARDS EASIER!

This PKGBUILD script bundles the collection of all the latest driver patches for your kernel, applies it to your stock driver files and builds an installable package out of it that you can install with the

(sudo) pacman -U FILENAME

command.

It's simple, minimalist and open-source, just like Arch Linux.

Download this using git from this repository (installation instructions are included with the repo's site):

Download nvidia-all here

I hope this tool can help many Arch Enthusiasts out of frustration and save precious time in their lives.

From now on, this is going to be an announcement thread for nvidia-all script and driver versions.

EDIT: If you experience issues about conflicting files, just remove those files with the

sudo rm /path/to/file

command and try again.

Last edited by TheFurryWeeb (2021-02-04 12:43:12)

A computer and Linux nerd, an avid 2D platformer and RPG gamer and a furry combined into one person.

I hope I can help you out with your Arch issues and get myself helped out, as well.

#2 2021-02-04 13:53:05

schard
Website

Re: [SOFTWARE RECOMMENDATION] INTRODUCING: nvidia-all by Frogging Family

TheFurryWeeb wrote:

EDIT: If you experience issues about conflicting files, just remove those files with the

sudo rm /path/to/file

command and try again.

'Cause, YOLO. big_smile

#3 2021-02-04 14:05:24

TheFurryWeeb

schard wrote:
TheFurryWeeb wrote:

sudo rm /path/to/file

command and try again.

'Cause, YOLO. big_smile

At least it works and pacman is able to install the modified packages. Plus, it makes Wayland work. It's buggy AF, but at least it boots into the desktop.

A computer and Linux nerd, an avid 2D platformer and RPG gamer and a furry combined into one person.

I hope I can help you out with your Arch issues and get myself helped out, as well.

#4 2021-02-05 01:21:23

eschwartz
Fellow

TheFurryWeeb wrote:

It's simple, minimalist and open-source, just like Arch Linux.

https://github.com/Frogging-Family/nvid … r/PKGBUILD

"simple"

"minimalist"

Excuse me while I burst out laughing at the funniest thing I've heard all month.

I'll grant you it is open source.

On a completely unrelated note:

https://github.com/Frogging-Family/wine … GBUILD#L16

# load functions
source "$_where"/wine-tkg-scripts/prepare.sh
source "$_where"/wine-tkg-scripts/build.sh

Unlike wine-tkg-git, at least nvidia-all is actually a real PKGBUILD. So I will not take offense at your statement "This PKGBUILD script" for being factually incorrect.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

#5 2021-02-05 01:23:53

eschwartz
Fellow

eschwartz wrote:

Unlike wine-tkg-git, at least nvidia-all is actually a real PKGBUILD. So I will not take offense at your statement "This PKGBUILD script" for being factually incorrect.

Sorry, I need to retract this statement. nvidia-all isn't a real PKGBUILD either.

function exit_cleanup {
  # Sanitization
  rm -f "${where}"/options
  rm -f "${where}"/*.conf
  rm -f "${where}"/*.install
  rm -f "${where}"/*.patch
  rm -f "${where}"/*.diff
  rm -f "${where}"/nvidia-utils-tkg.sysusers
  rm -rf "${where}"/egl-wayland
  rm -rf "${where}"/src/*

# Put the built packages in a versioned dir - overwrite if needed
  if [ "$_local_package_storing" = "true" ]; then
    rm -rf "${where}/${pkgver}-packages" && mkdir -p "${where}/${pkgver}-packages" && mv "${where}/"*.pkg.* "${where}/${pkgver}-packages"/ >/dev/null 2>&1
  fi

remove_deps

msg2 'exit cleanup done'
}

trap exit_cleanup EXIT

It's hacking the runtime in order to escape the defined PKGBUILD spec and soft-fork the /usr/bin/makepkg program, and is thus ineligible to be called a PKGBUILD either.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer