You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-04 18:26:16

Lokilife

How do I relay system sounds to Discord and other applications?

Hello. I have some problems with the display of the screen in Discord, and more specifically with the sound. The fact is that the system sounds are not captured by Discord and after some Googling, I found out that there is this bypass about it just and the speech of this topic. I found JACK, but I still didn't understand how to set it up to relay system sounds to the audio input, and I couldn't find anywhere how to implement what I want. How do I implement this and have I found what I need? I'm new to arch and please don't shoot me with your sneakers. And also, sorry for English, it's not my native language, and I only know it at a technical level, and sometimes I have to use a translator.

#2 2021-02-04 19:11:51

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: How do I relay system sounds to Discord and other applications?

Assuming you're using pulseaudio, if you want just system sounds (and don't need your voice) just move the recording stream of discord to the monitor of your audio card. If you want to be more flexible see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 6#p1941166 for a example config that allows you to more fine grainedly control what you want to share where.

#3 2021-02-04 19:53:56

Lokilife

V1del wrote:

Assuming you're using pulseaudio, if you want just system sounds (and don't need your voice) just move the recording stream of discord to the monitor of your audio card.

But how i can do this?

#4 2021-02-04 20:11:44

V1del
Forum Moderator

use a mixer, like pavucontrol or so and go to the Recording tab and switch the relevant discord stream to the monitor device

Maybe post a

pacmd list-sources
pacmd list-source-outputs

during a discord call you'd want to record your system sounds from or so. in

[code]code tags[/code]

Last edited by V1del (2021-02-04 20:12:54)

#5 2021-02-05 09:13:59

Lokilife

V1del wrote:

use a mixer, like pavucontrol or so and go to the Recording tab and switch the relevant discord stream to the monitor device

Maybe post a

pacmd list-sources
pacmd list-source-outputs

during a discord call you'd want to record your system sounds from or so. in

[code]code tags[/code]

Thank.

Board footer