You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-05 13:28:17

Aedahng9

dbus(?)/session broken

Hi, after I syu'ed my system yesterday, pulseaudio isn't starting automatically anymore, and pinentry and i3wm are complaining about

Failed to connect to bus: $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS and $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not defined (consider using --machine=<user>@.host --user to connect to bus of other user)
Failed to connect to bus: $DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS and $XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not defined (consider using --machine=<user>@.host --user to connect to bus of other user)
dbus-update-activation-environment: error: unable to connect to D-Bus: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead
dbus-update-activation-environment: error: unable to connect to D-Bus: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead

So after searching the web and adding `export $(dbus-launch)` to my `.xinitrc` and running `systemctl --user status` I get the following error:

Failed to read server status: Process org.freedesktop.systemd1 exited with status 1

I didn't change any config files whatsoever, prior or after the syu.

And I'm at a complete loss at how to fix that.

#2 2021-02-05 13:36:42

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: dbus(?)/session broken

You are not supposed to add export dbus-launch that will precisely break the relevant user service integration.

Remove that again and follow https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xinit#xinitrc including the blue note boxes instead

Last edited by V1del (2021-02-05 13:36:57)

#3 2021-02-05 13:43:53

Aedahng9

Re: dbus(?)/session broken

Without the `dbus-launch` export I get the `Failed to connect to bus[...]` error as stated above. My `.xinitrc` looks like this

#!/bin/sh

userresources=$HOME/.Xresources
usermodmap=$HOME/.Xmodmap
sysresources=/etc/X11/xinit/.Xresources
sysmodmap=/etc/X11/xinit/.Xmodmap

# merge in defaults and keymaps

if [ -f $sysresources ]; then
    xrdb -merge $sysresources
fi

if [ -f $sysmodmap ]; then
    xmodmap $sysmodmap
fi

if [ -f "$userresources" ]; then
    xrdb -merge "$userresources"
fi

if [ -f "$usermodmap" ]; then
    xmodmap "$usermodmap"
fi

# start some nice programs

if [ -d /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d ] ; then
 for f in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/?*.sh ; do
  [ -x "$f" ] && . "$f"
 done
 unset f
fi

autocutsel -fork &
autocutsel -selection PRIMARY -fork &

redshift -l 48.190:15.62 -m randr &
feh --bg-scale ~/.wallpaper/abstract.jpg &

exec i3

Last edited by Aedahng9 (2021-02-05 13:51:53)

Board footer