You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-16 22:00:33

OliD

klauncher should be restarted on update

I've upgraded my system today and after this dolphin didn't wanted to show me files, only non file-containing folders were shown.

It showed the following error:

```
kf.kio.core: couldn't create slave: "klauncher said: Error al cargar «/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/file.so»."
kf.kio.core: couldn't create slave: "klauncher said: Error al cargar «/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/trash.so»."
kf.kio.core: couldn't create slave: "klauncher said: Error al cargar «/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/tags.so»."
```

After a while of tinkering I ran `kdeinit5` and klauncher was reloaded. I think this should be done automatically by a pacman hook when an update or install modifies `/usr/lib/kf5/klauncher` or `/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/kio/*.so`

After I update my system normally I update the AUR/linux-zen-anbox repo, so I don't reboot until it compiles the kernel.

Should I make a hook and submit it to kinit's package repo or is the reboot assumed when a system update is done?
If so, package patches are managed by mailist or directly on the gitlab?

#2 2021-02-16 22:22:24

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: klauncher should be restarted on update

This is highly unlikely to land in an official package, it's generally assumed that the system admin knows and reboots affected services, feel free to do one for personal use.

Board footer