You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-16 01:13:43

Rommy

Job management solution with redundancy

Hello,

I search a job management solution for a company. We have multiple bots (python, setup in bash script) running for long periods. (Some weeks)
Currently we use Jenkins (historic reasons), which we want to replace through a solution which supports redundancy.
If one server goes offline, all the jobs should be rebalanced to the online servers. It is okay to just start the script again with the same parameters, but it should be possible to disable this behaviour. Also it should be easy to add/remove new servers.
We need user/group/permission management.
The "build" interface should be highly customizable (probably via own html/js/css files). Also Grouping/searching of jobs via labels would be nice.

I dont need a full solution for everything, but I search for a software like this and did not really find, what I was looking for. I appreciate any hints (also search keywords) pointing to the right direction.

#2 2021-02-18 23:01:52

dmerej
Website

Re: Job management solution with redundancy

Maybe something like slurm?

Disclaimer: never used it - and I'm not sure you'll find something better than Jenkins for this (but I would like to be proven wrong smile)

Hope this helps!

Responsible Coder, Python Fan, Rust enthusiast

#3 2021-02-20 22:24:39

Rommy

Re: Job management solution with redundancy

Thank you very much.
I looked a bit into it and found some new keywords for my search engine, so I also found this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_j … r_software
I will have a detailed look.

Board footer