You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-16 08:39:14

chimp

lvm / mount problem after lvm2 upgrade

Hi

After upgrading lvm2 from 2.02.187-3 to 2.03.11-4 some partitions from fstab were not mounted at boot. Those partitions all belong to the same volume group. In fstab they are referenced by LABEL. The links for the volume group weren't created at /dev/mapper. And the links in /dev/disk/by-label/ for these vg-s were missing too. The root partition is on another disk in another volume group and it didn't have any problem(referenced by volume name in fstab). After logging in i could mount them with

mount -a

and blkid showed them as /dev/dm-x instead of /dev/mapper/vg-x. After downgrading lvm2 everything went back to normal or at least pre update.

I don't know if it is arch related or lvm related or anything else related. If it is arch related and important i can post some logs.

#2 2021-02-21 08:30:06

prageethk

Re: lvm / mount problem after lvm2 upgrade

Something similar happened to me. I run lvm on luks. After a recent pacman -Syyu, early hook lvm never runs. It keeps looking for root partition for 10 seconds and drops to an emergency shell. There if I do lvm vgchange -an and mount /dev/xxx/root new_root/ and exit, then it boots just fine.

I downgraded lvm2 package and now boot works without any intervention. I added lvm2 to /etc/pacman.conf IgnorePkg for the time being.

Has anyone else faced this issue?

Last edited by prageethk (2021-02-21 08:37:27)

#3 2021-02-21 10:13:03

frostschutz

Re: lvm / mount problem after lvm2 upgrade

What does your mkinitcpio conf look like? And are you using /dev/ paths instead of UUID= or LABEL= in /proc/cmdline?

Board footer