You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-22 09:15:49

NathanC

drag and drop doesn't work from guest OS (win 10 pro) to host arch

Hi, I'm new to the arch linux.
I've installed arch and vmware workstation pro according to wiki doc, used yay -S vmware-workstation
everything works fine until I tried to drag and drop (and copy and paste) a file from guest OS (windows 10) to the host (arch linux KDE plasma).
I can do this without a problem from arch to guest os. but not in reverse direction.
everytime I try drag and drop, there's nothing happens, no error msg even. but if I use copy and paste to a folder under dolphin, I got following error msg: the file or folder/GRgTKr/Firefox setup 85.0.exe does not exist
And I can see actually the file was stored under /home/user/.cache/vmware/drag_and_drop/GRgTKr/. it just can not paste to my pointed destination. but if I copy a piece text like a command, I can successfully paste it in a terminal windows on the host.
every time I repeat the scene the system log shows below info:
2/22/21 4:11 PM dolphin kf.kio.core: Invalid URL: QUrl("x-special/nautilus-clipboard")
2/22/21 4:11 PM dolphin kf.kio.core: Invalid URL: QUrl("copy")
2/22/21 4:11 PM dolphin "The file or folder /GRgTKr/Firefox Setup 85.0.exe does not exist."
don't know if this is help or not.
I've searched a lot, but no lucky.
Could anyone help me out of this?
thanks,

#2 2021-02-23 01:13:06

NathanC

Re: drag and drop doesn't work from guest OS (win 10 pro) to host arch

Here's a quick update, it's very weired, I created a new guest OS (win 10 pro), from both guest OS, I can't drag and drop files to arch host, but I can copy and paste a file (a word document), when I try copy and paste a exe file or a zip file, when I switch back to dolphin on arch host, right click on any folder I want to paste to, it became paste 3 itesm( should be "paste one file"), and when I select it, got that error msg again.
anyone knows what the hell is going on?

Board footer