You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-23 02:01:27

wpkzz

fluxbox became regro glitch art by upgrade of system

Hello fellow linuxers:

I did a pacman -Suyy about two weeks ago and after that my desktop enviroment, which is fluxbox with urxvt,became a strange blocky thing, completely unusable. It looks like glitch art done on purpose, with blocks repeating themselves a few pixeles across. Menu and everything is illegible. I read about a similar glitch in linux formus, but it said that the guy could reestablish fluxbox by logging out and again, I cannot even manage to exit fluxbox. I also searched for bugs in the fluxbox bugs report, but there is nothing of the sort. I can use xfce without problems, so it is not a x11-org issue, I think.

Moyocoyani, Tloque Nahuaque.

#2 2021-02-23 07:53:20

frostschutz

Re: fluxbox became regro glitch art by upgrade of system

hello fellow fluxbox user

fluxbox still works fine for me, usually glitches of this type are related to the graphics drivers. which graphics are you using? (in my case its intel onboard/cpu graphics)

Also are you running a compositor like picom under fluxbox? (I'm running it as there is tearing otherwise)

Any customized/AUR packages involved?

I can use xfce without problems, so it is not a x11-org issue, I think

can't be entirely ruled out, whatever triggers these bugs is often circumstantial

#3 2021-02-23 08:37:47

seth

pacman -Suyy

a) Don't use "-yy" unless you know why you're doing it and actually want to (which is almost never)
b) "-Syu""! The proper form is "-Syu"! "-Suy" is heresy :-P

Please post a screenshot and your xorg log next to answering frostschutz's question (and if you're using a compositor, post its config as well)

#4 2021-02-23 09:23:56

Khere

wpkzz wrote:

I did a pacman -Suyy

Before do an update learn how to  correctly use pacman.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman

Last edited by Khere (2021-02-24 17:20:17)

Fan of Giorgio Moroder & Mohammad Ammax enemy

Board footer