You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-24 18:20:55

Moosatronic

Backligh on two of my monitors goes down after sleep mode/restart

Hello,

As the title states I find that the backlight settings on my monitor (i.e. brightness) goes back to 0 every time my arch linux goes to sleep after being idle or I restart the computer. Strangely enough this isn't an issue with settings in archlinux itself, but the backlight settings of the monitor itself (pressing the buttons on the monitor to change the brightness). I suspect as usual the issue lies with Nvidia's proprietary drivers but I was wondering if there is any fix for this issue.

My gut feeling is that since only two of my monitors start with low brightness, the drivers set the brightness back to the what the brightness settings were when I either installed arch linux or the nvidia drivers whenever the computer boots or wakes from sleep which is why one monitor is fine but my other two have low brightness. I may also check to see if I need to set the monitors to that one automatic setting that exists that sets the monitor to an optimized brightness/color setting and see if that fixes the problem but we'll see.

Is there any way to fix this issue by the way? I am running Xorg (i mean its nvidia so of course), and Nvidia driver 460.39. Wonder if the open source nouveau drivers would be better but i have no idea.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Board footer