You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-20 09:58:45

Gaen

[SOLVED] KDE | plasma-systemmonitor | disappearing "Text-only sensors"

Hi,

Since the plasma 5.21 update plasma-systemmonitor "Text-only sensors" disappearing after each system start. (screenshot)
I reseted the widgets, created a new one, changed position and size but the problem still persist. If I just log out and back in the settings remain.

rm ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

Kirigami2, ConfigSensors.qml and ConfigAppearance.qml produces a TypeError several times during system start:

2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/newstuff/qml/QuestionAsker.qml:91:5: QML Connections: Cannot assign to non-existent property "onClosing"
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/PageRowGlobalToolBarUI.qml:65:9: QML RowLayout (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "maximumWidth"
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/private/globaltoolbar/PageRowGlobalToolBarUI.qml:65:9: QML RowLayout (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "maximumWidth"
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/newstuff/qml/QuestionAsker.qml:91:5: QML Connections: Cannot assign to non-existent property "onClosing"
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/FormLayout.qml:89:5: QML GridLayout: Binding loop detected for property "width"
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/AbstractApplicationItem.qml:94: TypeError: Cannot read property 'position' of null
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/AbstractApplicationItem.qml:93: TypeError: Cannot read property 'background' of null
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/newstuff/qml/Page.qml:130: TypeError: Cannot read property 'useLabel' of null
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file::/ConfigAppearance.qml:129: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/AbstractApplicationItem.qml:94: TypeError: Cannot read property 'position' of null
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/kirigami.2/AbstractApplicationItem.qml:93: TypeError: Cannot read property 'background' of null
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/newstuff/qml/Page.qml:130: TypeError: Cannot read property 'useLabel' of null
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file::/ConfigSensors.qml:147: TypeError: Value is undefined and could not be converted to an object
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file::/ConfigSensors.qml:147: TypeError: Value is undefined and could not be converted to an object
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/ScrollView.qml:86:25: QML ScrollBar: Binding loop detected for property "visible"
2021. 02. 20. 9:27	plasmashell	file::/Choices.qml:268:5: QML Popup: Binding loop detected for property "contentHeight"
2021. 02. 20. 9:28	plasmashell	QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext
2021. 02. 20. 9:28	plasmashell	QQmlEngine::setContextForObject(): Object already has a QQmlContext

Last edited by Gaen (2021-03-14 20:35:45)

#2 2021-02-27 14:59:24

Gaen

Re: [SOLVED] KDE | plasma-systemmonitor | disappearing "Text-only sensors"

I tried "Text Only" display style instead of "Pie Chart" and the results are the same; text only sensors are gone by the next system start.
plasma-systemmonitor 5.21.1-1 update didn't solved the issue.

#3 2021-03-06 15:27:56

Gaen

plasmashell --replace seems to solve the issue (text only sensors restored) but only lasts till the next system start.
Does anyone have any idea what could cause this or how to fix it permanently?

plasmashell --replace
---------------------

kf.plasma.quick: Applet preload policy set to 1
Loading Calendar plugin AstronomicalEventsPlugin(0x55c477e8be40)
Loading Calendar plugin HolidaysEventsPlugin(0x55c477ef6e40)
Both point size and pixel size set. Using pixel size.
trying to show an empty dialog
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor/contents/ui/main.qml:54: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notes/contents/ui/main.qml:433:13: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "icon.height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notes/contents/ui/main.qml:419:13: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "icon.height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notes/contents/ui/main.qml:399:17: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "icon.height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notes/contents/ui/main.qml:386:17: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "icon.height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notes/contents/ui/main.qml:373:17: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "icon.height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notes/contents/ui/main.qml:360:17: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "icon.height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notes/contents/ui/main.qml:148:13: QML TextArea: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor/contents/ui/main.qml:54: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
qt.core.qabstractitemmodel.checkindex: Index QModelIndex(-1,-1,0x0,QObject(0x0)) is not valid (expected valid)
qt.core.qabstractitemmodel.checkindex: Index QModelIndex(-1,-1,0x0,QObject(0x0)) is not valid (expected valid)
file:///usr/share/ksysguard/sensorfaces/org.kde.ksysguard.piechart/contents/ui/PieChart.qml:91:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to double
file:///usr/share/ksysguard/sensorfaces/org.kde.ksysguard.linechart/contents/ui/LineChart.qml:72:9: Unable to assign [undefined] to bool
qt.svg: <input>:406:376: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:407:130: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:408:130: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:408:393: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:409:130: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:410:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:411:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:412:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:413:129: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:413:379: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
qt.svg: <input>:413:631: Could not add child element to parent element because the types are incorrect.
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property "height"
file:///usr/share/plasma/shells/org.kde.plasma.desktop/contents/views/Desktop.qml:146:19: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property "height"
kf.quickcharts.datasource: ModelSource: Invalid column 1
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.panel/contents/ui/main.qml:30:1: QML DropArea (parent or ancestor of QQuickLayoutAttached): Binding loop detected for property "minimumWidth"
libkcups: CUPS-Get-Printers last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Get-Jobs last error: 0 successful-ok
libkcups: Create-Printer-Subscriptions last error: 0 successful-ok
Cyclic dependency detected between "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/global/Globals.qml" and "file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/NotificationHeader.qml"
Plasma Shell startup completed
libkcups: 3 "Canon_MP270_series"
libkcups: 0
libkcups: 0
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/ui/FolderItemDelegate.qml:323:17: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "width"
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.desktopcontainment/contents/ui/FolderItemDelegate.qml:323:17: QML Label: Binding loop detected for property "width"
kf.i18n: "0 instead of 2 arguments to message {%1 — %2} supplied before conversion."
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.kickoff/contents/ui/LeaveButtons.qml:69:5: QML ToolButton: Binding loop detected for property "display"
org.kde.plasma.pulseaudio: No object for name "alsa_output.pci-0000_00_1b.0.analog-stereo.monitor"

#4 2021-03-09 18:45:44

Gaen

It turned out that this "bug" only occurs in my user account so there's probably some configuration issue.
When I set the same widget settings in another account and rebooted the system, it stayed the same.

Following the instructions in the wiki I reseted every config file, cleared & rebuilt the cache but no progress.

What can I do to solve this without starting from scratch?

#5 2021-03-09 20:03:00

Gosi

Try this while not being logged into kde (log into a vtty).

mv ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc ~/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc.bak

Alternatively try to set your Destop-Session to "Sart with an empty session" and on the next login switch back to "Restore previous saved session".

#6 2021-03-10 18:03:02

Gaen

Thank you for the suggestions! I tried them but unfortunately the result is the same.
The only thing I found in the logs is an undefined legth property.

What really strange is that it seems like this widget is rejecting every change I make and reverts itself back to the default "Pie Chart" display style.
I tried to create my own but when the system starts it still resets everything. In case of "Text Only" display style it becomes an empty plasmoid.

Logs

journalctl -b | grep "systemmonitor"
------------------------------------
march 10 18:31:26 plasmashell[599]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor/contents/ui/main.qml:54: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
march 10 18:31:30 plasmashell[599]: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.systemmonitor/contents/ui/main.qml:54: TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined

main.qml

Plasmoid.configurationRequired: plasmoid.nativeInterface.faceController.highPrioritySensorIds.length == 0 && plasmoid.nativeInterface.faceController.lowPrioritySensorIds.length == 0 && plasmoid.nativeInterface.faceController.totalSensor.length == 0

Last edited by Gaen (2021-03-10 18:08:16)

#7 2021-03-10 19:08:32

Gosi

The error messages seem to be "normal" because I have them too.

Maybe it is theme related. Your screenshot suggests that you are not using one of the default themes.

It must be a difference between your standard user account and the other working account which was created with default settings I assume.

#8 2021-03-11 17:08:43

Gaen

My customization:

• Plasma style: Breeze (Follows color scheme)

• Colors: Krita dark

• Fonts: Rubik

• Icons: Papirus-Dark

• Cursor: Qogir Dark

• Splash Screen: Quarks Splash Darker

• SDDM: Nordic with custom background

I reseted everything back to the defaults then the widget worked once in my main account. After that it started producing the same bug as before.
Later when I re-applied my customizations, the Nordic SDDM theme lost its session switch and background.

In my other account the systemmonitor widget itself disappeared, not just the "text-only sensors".

Last edited by Gaen (2021-03-11 17:09:25)

#9 2021-03-11 18:34:12

Gosi

Your system is completely up to date (no ignore packages)?

pacman -Qkk plasma-workspace?

Are there any plasma related AUR packages (rebuild if yes)?

Sorry, but I am out of ideas for this one.

#10 2021-03-12 16:02:25

Gaen

I daily update the system from vtty then reboot and log into KDE. Only using IgnorePkg on pulseeffects.

daily routine
-------------
sudo pacman -Syy && sudo pacman -Syu --noconfirm && sudo pacman -Sc --noconfirm && reboot

pacman -Qkk plasma-workspace
----------------------------
plasma-workspace: 6411 total files, 0 altered files
Gosi wrote:

Are there any plasma related AUR packages (rebuild if yes)?

There was another bug after the plasma 5.21 update: extra borders within windows.
As a futile effort to fix it I installed Nordic-kde with kvantum from AUR.
In the end I removed these packages because a later kwin update solved that issue.
Both bug occurred simultaneously and kirigami2 has not been updated since.

Anyway I created the other account to test whether it was a system-wide problem or not, but at this point I'm not so sure..

Is it possible that qt6 interferes with plasma?

EDIT:
plasma-workspace update solved the issue.

Last edited by Gaen (2021-03-14 20:35:24)

#11 2021-05-22 21:21:28

er_darkness

i have this problem too, i use latest version of kde 5.21.5 and framework 5.82.0, i tried sudo pacman -Syy && sudo pacman -Syu --noconfirm && sudo pacman -Sc --noconfirm && reboot

pacman -Qkk plasma-workspace

not helped i cant wait for kde plasma 5.22 i want to fixed now please help
my problem is for widget Individual Core Usage . its not show text-only sensors

#12 2021-05-23 13:29:58

Gosi

Text-only sensors are working, but not if mixed together with graphical sensors.

You have to create a widget wich only has text-only sensors.

Last edited by Gosi (2021-05-23 13:30:39)

#13 2021-05-25 16:32:26

er_darkness

Thanks i set Individual Core Usage to show only text-only sensors and now all of them show again but i had problem the widget cant fixed in panel because its too big how i fix this?

Board footer