You are not logged in.

#1 2006-09-23 21:39:21

qylvaran

CDRW/DVDROM combo drive unable to write

I tried searching the forum, but nothing seemed to fit.  I've just installed cdw and graveman, and neither of them are letting me write my cd.  Graveman detects the drive in the devices menu, but won't let me select it to write to (the only option it gives is ISO file).  Here's my fstab:

# 
# /etc/fstab: static file system information
#
# <file> <dir>           <type>          <options>               <dump>  <pass>
none            /dev/pts        devpts          defaults                0       0
none            /dev/shm        tmpfs           defaults                0       0

/dev/hdc        /mnt/cd         auto            rw,user,noauto,unhide   0       0
/dev/dvd        /mnt/dvd        auto            ro,user,noauto,unhide   0       0
#/dev/fd0               /mnt/fl   vfat      user,noauto             0      0
/dev/sda1       /mnt/usb        auto            user,noauto             0       0

/dev/hda3 / ext3 defaults 0 1
/dev/hda1 /boot ext2 defaults 0 1
/dev/hda2 swap swap defaults 0 0

...and the result of 'cdrecord -scanbus'

/snip
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
scsibus1:
    1,0,0    100) 'HL-DT-ST' 'RW/DVD GCC-4241N' '0P34' Removable CD-ROM
/snip

Note that I'm using the latest stable beyond kernel, my user is a member of the 'optical' group (added after checking the forums), and it doesn't work as root, either.  I had things working under gentoo, and I used graveman at the time.

Thank you.

#2 2006-09-24 00:31:50

iBertus

Re: CDRW/DVDROM combo drive unable to write

So, you can't write a cd with a command line 'cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc /path/to/cdimage.iso' either?

#3 2006-09-24 04:58:02

qylvaran

Re: CDRW/DVDROM combo drive unable to write

iBertus wrote:

So, you can't write a cd with a command line 'cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc /path/to/cdimage.iso' either?

Turns out that does work.  I'd like to start using the command line for more stuff anyways, but I still want to know why the gui methods weren't working.

Board footer