You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-02 19:11:38

LVN

Arctis 7 gaming headset

After I managed to fix an issue, where I the output was always a mono output with by appying this: https://github.com/bobbyrward/steelseri … io-profile
I ran into an isse that my mic is not detected anymore. I tried to change the

path-input

in the

steelseries-arctis-7-usb-audio.conf

from

analog-input-mic

back to its default

usb-gaming-headset-input

. But without any luck. Does anybody have an idea why that might be?

#2 2021-02-03 02:38:05

Buddlespit

Re: Arctis 7 gaming headset

Asla already supports our headsets. That old profile caused me many a headache. Took me a month of dicking around to realize that it was the profile breaking alsa (and pulseaudio). Get rid of the profile and put your sound system back to default.  Our headsets work fine right out of the box. The lack of functionality we get in linux is the fault of the manufacturer and the lack of linux support.

#3 2021-02-03 10:59:59

LVN

You are right it worked out of the box, but only with mono output. Have you ever tried gaming with mono output, it's terrible. That Profile then fixed the mono output issue but created the new issue with the mic. So going back to the original profiel only solves half of the problem.

#4 2021-03-02 18:36:01

stanczew

I have been using this headset for 3 weeks now, with default PulseAudio configuration, and I didn't encounter the mono output problem that you describe.
Out of the box I got a profile named "Chat Output + Game Output + Chat Input". Chat Output is mono, but Game Output is correctly functioning as stereo, and microphone is also working without issues.
I think the profile set that is applied for this headset is "steelseries-arctis-common-usb-audio.conf". Maybe you have some other, non-default profile set, that takes precedence and makes Game Output mono?
(Also I have not tried it with Pipewire, only PulseAudio, maybe that is the difference.)

Edit:
Actually the profile set for this headset is "usb-gaming-headset.conf":

$ pacmd list-cards
…
device.vendor.id = "1038"
device.vendor.name = "SteelSeries ApS"
device.product.id = "12ad"
device.product.name = "SteelSeries Arctis 7"
…
$ grep '1038.*12ad' /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/90-pulseaudio.rules
# ID 1038:12ad is for the 2018 refresh of the Arctis 7.
ATTRS{idVendor}=="1038", ATTRS{idProduct}=="12ad", ENV{PULSE_PROFILE_SET}="usb-gaming-headset.conf"

Last edited by stanczew (2021-03-02 19:20:16)

Board footer