You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-04 06:20:51

maskiepop

kodi-eggz

Hi everyone.

I've been having some major problems with this package. The install is taking too long -- after about three hours it is still going. Seriously exasperated; how does one confirm that an install is looping, and not simply taking an extraordinarily long time?

But more importantly, can the maintainer (eggz/AUR) pls look into this; if indeed it is looping, or not. I'd appreciate it very much.

Why am I installing kodi-eggz? Because I cannot get the trio (kodi-x11,kodi-gbm, kodi-wayland) to work. The addon (oath) keeps complaining about xbmc-python 2.0.1 (?). Yup. it must be one of those days.

Cheers everyone. And stay safe out there; and sane.

M

#2 2021-03-04 08:18:22

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: kodi-eggz

An AUR package is doing a build from source unless the package is suffixed with a -bin in the name. This is a time intensive progress for a huge application  like kodi, you first need to create a binary before you can install something, this will be especially true if you haven't enabled parallel compilation so yes this does indeed sound normal.

That said you should read the comments on the AUR package of things you are installing, as the creator of the package provides a repository with binary packages you can add to your pacman.conf

#3 2021-03-04 08:56:00

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Not sure about compilation, but if an addon (I think you are saying it's called oath) is complaining about a python2 dependency, it shouldn't be compatible with Kodi Matrix which has moved to Python 3 as I understand it.

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#4 2021-03-04 22:13:43

maskiepop

Hi graysky.

Thx for responding to my post.

Actually, I have installed the kodi trio (kodi-x11, kodi-gbm, kodi-wayland), and the addon oath, on another machine. Everything is working there as expected. So the oath add-on is configured for kodi matrix. I have also googled for that particular info.

I have also checked my python install. It definitely is python3. Could be that kodi is looking for a particular python3 module as well? And which I haven't installed?

M

#5 2021-03-04 22:24:58

maskiepop

Hi V1del.

Thx for your response to my post. No, I didn't set-up my build for parallel compile. Might try that.

But I did try installing the bin package of kodi-eggz. That too came down with errors. I should have taken note of the errors, but I didn't. I felt I should focus on getting the kodi-eggz to run.

Cheers everyone.

M

Board footer