You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-06 18:24:35

axo76598

[Solution] Using the G PRO X SUPERLIGHT with POWERPLAY

This is a small tutorial for those who struggle with the same problem I did.
If there is a better place to post this to, redirect me to that one.

Problem:
You can't use the within the PowerPlay integrated 'LIGHTSPEED' controller together with the G PRO X SUPERLIGHT mouse.
This causes the PowerPlay to blink with a blue color every second and you need to use the USB dongle that comes with the mouse, taking up two USB ports.
If that's not a problem for you, then you can skip this entirely. The mouse will still work and charge.

Solution:
First you need to update the PowerPlay to even support the mouse. This can be done using G HUB.
If you got a Windows machine with you, then just install that tool and run the update.
If you don't have Windows installed and don't plan on doing so, you can do the same thing in a Virtual Machine by redirecting the PowerPlay USB port to it and during the update a newly appearing USB drive.
In case you are using virt-manager, visit details -> "Add Hardware" -> "USB Host Device" and select "Logitech Inc. PowerPlay Wireless Charging System" and then finish, later during the update you need to do the same with the USB drive that appears.

Now check whether you are using a linux kernel with a version later than 5.12.0 using uname -r.
If you do, great, you can skip this paragraph!
If not, you may want to update your system and check again. But at this moment 5.12.0 is not stable, so proceed with caution! I installed linux-mainline from the AUR and modified the PKGBUILD to use rc2 instead of rc1.

Now all that's left to do is to remove the little USB dongle, turn off the mouse and turn it back on. It should now be usable!

If you want to configure your mouse, install piper (or just libratbag). I did install the development versions of these tools, so I don't know whether the packages in the official repositories are recent enough.

Best of luck!

Last edited by axo76598 (2021-03-06 18:26:28)

#2 2021-03-13 12:46:03

tsndr

Re: [Solution] Using the G PRO X SUPERLIGHT with POWERPLAY

Thank you so much smile

Board footer