You are not logged in.

#1 2020-11-06 13:52:24

snap.ve

[SOLVED] Anbox isn't working

Howdy! Yesterday i was install the anbox like that manual said. But when i start program with default params like

anbox launch --package=org.anbox.appmgr --component=org.anbox.appmgr.AppViewActivity

Console writhe this message

[daemon.cpp:61@Run] [org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown] The name org.anbox was not provided by any .service files

Who faced the same problem?

Last edited by snap.ve (2020-11-07 23:16:17)

#2 2020-11-06 14:12:17

Lone_Wolf

Re: [SOLVED] Anbox isn't working

What is the output of

$ systemctl status anbox-container-manager.service

?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2020-11-06 15:08:04

snap.ve

Lone_Wolf wrote:

What is the output of

$ systemctl status anbox-container-manager.service

?

● anbox-container-manager.service - Anbox Container Manager
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/anbox-container-manager.service; e>
     Active: active (running) since Fri 2020-11-06 18:06:32 MSK; 28s ago
   Main PID: 667 (anbox)
      Tasks: 9 (limit: 19018)
     Memory: 15.3M
     CGroup: /system.slice/anbox-container-manager.service
             └─667 /usr/bin/anbox container-manager --daemon --privileged --dat>

Nov 06 18:06:32 system systemd[1]: Started Anbox Container Manager.
lines 1-10/10 (END)

#4 2020-11-07 22:54:07

snap.ve

The problem is actual. More detailed dialogue here

#5 2020-11-07 23:14:43

snap.ve

I found a solution! First of all, I ran the anbox session-manager command to understand what the log produces. They said "Failed to start as either binder or ashmem kernel drivers are not loaded" That's strange because in manual page said - just run modprobe command for activate the binder and ashmem driver. As it turned out, this was not enough and the manual misinformed me. The solution to the problem was adding the binder_linux ashmem_linux parameter to the modules section in mkinitcpio.conf file and rebuilding the bootloader with the mkinitcpio -P command. Now all woks!

#6 2021-03-13 13:15:26

bilux

snap.ve wrote:

I found a solution! First of all, I ran the anbox session-manager command to understand what the log produces. They said "Failed to start as either binder or ashmem kernel drivers are not loaded" That's strange because in manual page said - just run modprobe command for activate the binder and ashmem driver. As it turned out, this was not enough and the manual misinformed me. The solution to the problem was adding the binder_linux ashmem_linux parameter to the modules section in mkinitcpio.conf file and rebuilding the bootloader with the mkinitcpio -P command. Now all woks!

Can you be more detailed about the solution ?

Last edited by bilux (2021-03-13 13:15:39)

#7 2021-10-16 00:35:59

atomicwrites

I know this thread is old but this is the only place on the internet that I saw this issue mentioned related to arch (apart from a Reddit thread that links here). I didn't see any difference from adding the modules to mkinitcpio, but the issue turned out not to be that the binder or ashmem kernel drivers are not loaded, but rather that binderfs was not mounted. It is not mounted by default and the anbox package ships a unit file to mount it. When you enable "anbox-container-manager.service" it depends on "dev-binderfs.mount". But if you miss that step the resulting error is incorrect because it's not actually related to kernel module loading at all. I'll try to edit this warning into the wiki.

Board footer