You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-30 07:36:17

archetype_cla

Jack and pulseaudio routing

Hi everyone, I don't know if it's the right place. I wanted to report a change regarding the possibility of redirecting the audio stream of pulseaudio to and from jack. In the wiki (italian language) a procedure is explained which, apparently, in the latest versions, it is no longer necessary. I was able to get that working by simply installing jack2 instead of jack and installing the pulseaudio-jack package. In the qjackctl program it is necessary to activate "D-bus jack". When jack is started, a bridge to puleaudio is automatically created and applications that are using pulseaudio as output can be redirected to jack. Maybe what I have written is already known to many, but, relative to what is indicated in the wiki, it is not necessary to add anything to the file /etc/pulse/default.pa. The commands for this functionality are already implemented. Even the installation of "cadence" is superfluous. Apparently, on my machine, everything is already working correctly.

Last edited by archetype_cla (2021-03-30 07:46:31)

#2 2021-03-30 08:06:12

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Jack and pulseaudio routing

Moving to Wiki discussion.

I'm not sure whether you'll reach the relevant contributors to the italian wiki here, if you want to suggest changes to a particular section the best way is to open a discussion on the relevant wiki page directly.

#3 2021-03-30 08:38:55

archetype_cla

Re: Jack and pulseaudio routing

Thanks, V1del.

I just wanted to point it out but, after all, I don't think it's that important. In the English wiki version this has already been written, probably the Italian wiki is not that updated.

Board footer