You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-02 15:06:12

TheAmigo

[SOLVED] Invalid signature errors after crash

My machine locked up (overheated?) requiring a hard restart... while pacman was running.  I took the opportunity to re-apply some thermal paste and It's been OK since.
After the restart, I had to remove /var/lib/pacman/db.lck for pacman to run (as expected).

Potentially related, I'm now seeing errors similar to what other people have posted over the years, but the same solutions don't seem to be working for me.

When running sudo pacman -Syu the errors I get are:

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
(398/398) checking keys in keyring                                                [##############################################] 100%
(398/398) checking package integrity                                              [##############################################] 100%
error: python-pygments: signature from "Evangelos Foutras <evangelos@foutrelis.com>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/python-pygments-2.8.1-1-any.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: libftdi: signature from "Anatol Pomozov <anatol.pomozov@gmail.com>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libftdi-1.5-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: libimagequant: signature from "Massimiliano Torromeo (Personal non-work identity) <massimiliano.torromeo@gmail.com>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libimagequant-2.14.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: libmediainfo: signature from "Johannes Löthberg <johannes@kyriasis.com>" is invalid
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libmediainfo-20.09-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

...and many more.

Updating pacman and archlinux-keyring didn't help, so I followed the instructions on the wiki and ran:

# rm -rf /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
# pacman-key --init
# pacman-key --populate archlinux

That appears to have gone smoothly, no errors there. But I still get the same errors as above when running pacman -Syu.

pacman is 5.2.2-1
archlinux-keyring is 20210110-1
pacman-mirrorlist is 20210110-1 (with all and only US mirrors uncommented)

What else should I check?

Last edited by TheAmigo (2021-04-02 17:13:51)

#2 2021-04-02 15:11:09

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] Invalid signature errors after crash

The packages are probably actually corrupt. Let pacman delete and re-download them.

#3 2021-04-02 17:13:39

TheAmigo

Re: [SOLVED] Invalid signature errors after crash

Thanks, Scimmia!

You were right.  I counted and there were 28 packages that it complained about.  After deleting those and re-downloading, it's working fine.

Board footer