You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-03 23:26:11

pkulak

No sound, depsite everything looking perfect.

Just got me a new laptop (Thinkbook, Intel, Gen 2), mostly because of the perfect 2x screen. It's the newer Intel sound, so I installed the sof-firmware package as recommended in the wiki, and that got pipewire-pulse to load perfectly, showing three HDMI outputs and one speaker/headphone. When I play some audio, the "speaker" output levels bounce, and everything looks great, except that there's no sound. Anyone have any ideas? I may have to send this thing back, because I'm at the the end of my abilities here. Everything looks perfect. No errors in journalctl, etc. The only way I can tell something isn't working is that my ears don't hear any sounds. hmm

Oh, and I also set a modprobe option to skip the new SOF stuff and load the legacy DSP instead, which I really thought would work. All that did though, was remove all my HDMI outputs, but playing to the only remaining output "speaker" still resulted in silence.

Last edited by pkulak (2021-04-03 23:27:56)

#2 2021-04-04 15:47:10

pkulak

Re: No sound, depsite everything looking perfect.

Just as a quick update, this looks like a problem that lots of people are having that has no solution. If you Google for "linux tiger lake no sound" you get lots of folks with my issue, and no one who has been able to solve it. I'm just gonna send this guy back.

Board footer