You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-08 18:44:11

ThinkPad

[SOLVED] Connecting mic of bluetooth headset causes headset to malfunc

Following the solution in this post causes my bluetooth headset to malfunction. When the headset is connected and the mic enabled (profile changed), the input audio does not come through properly. Speech is inaudible. Sounds are low and all input sounds like background noise.

In order to get input audio to work properly, I have to hit the call/answer button on the headset at least once after connected. When using the same headset with my phone now, I have to do the same sequence to get it to work. Sometimes I have to add in toggling mute. The behavior is inconsistent.

I'm thinking the headset is broken, but it worked perfectly until I first changed the profile. After removing the paired device from my computer one time it seemed to work properly, but is back to malfunctioning. Removing the pairing is not a consistent fix.

Is this a result of changing the profile or should I consider the headset broken? Is it possible this did in fact break the headset? I hesitate to get a new one only to break it again.

By default the headset pairs to the a2dp_sink profile.

Headset: Plantronics Voyager 5200

Last edited by ThinkPad (2021-04-09 21:26:32)

#2 2021-04-09 21:25:33

ThinkPad

Re: [SOLVED] Connecting mic of bluetooth headset causes headset to malfunc

My mic was broken. Got a new one and everything is working well.

Marking as solved.

#3 2022-01-20 19:01:27

ThinkPad

Re: [SOLVED] Connecting mic of bluetooth headset causes headset to malfunc

Update: All my plantronic 5200s broke after a year. I went through about 3. I have switched to the sony WF-C500 buds and they pair better and the mic enables more reliably.

Board footer