You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-14 08:16:00

thfischer

[SOLVED]Update KDE Framework: Icons of KDE programs gone from launcher

Hello,
on April 13, I run an update on my system (previous one was on April 8), where KDE Framework packages were updated from 5.80.0-1 to 5.81.0-1 as well as some Qt5 packages. I did no other changes to the system around the time the problem as described below appeared.

After the update and a restart of the system, program icons for most KDE programs and LibreOffice are gone from the taskbar (both for running programs and pinned programs) and the launcher ("start menu"). In the notification area, the icon KMail is not shown, but all other icons, such as for volume or battery, are still there. KRunner (Alt+F2) still finds, for example, Kate and shows its icon. For a few KDE programs, for example KWrite, the icons are still there in the launcher. Other non-KDE programs like Audacity also show their icons, but not LibreOffice. For the latter, I assume KDE provides its own icon in its Breeze style and therefore no icon is shown just like for KDE programs.
To be clear, when I say 'gone', I mean the icon is not shown, but there is space reserved and I can click it and it works just as if the icon would be shown. There is no functional loss in the taskbar and alike, except for the missing visual representation of the icons.
Interestingly, when I launch KMail, in the task bar it still shows a small overlay counting the number of unread emails at the location where the icon would be.

I ran an update (-Syu) today in case there was a small hickup in the packaging which was fixed by now, but no relevant package got updated and the problem still persists.

So, what can I do now to solve the problem or contribute to a fix? Anyone else had the same problem?

Thank you in advance,
Thomas

Last edited by thfischer (2021-04-14 10:15:40)

#2 2021-04-14 08:50:13

Scorpick

Re: [SOLVED]Update KDE Framework: Icons of KDE programs gone from launcher

Try switching to another icon theme and then back in System Settings. It worked for me.

#3 2021-04-14 10:13:13

thfischer

Re: [SOLVED]Update KDE Framework: Icons of KDE programs gone from launcher

Yes. Switching to another icon theme and back solved the problem. Thank you very much!

Board footer