You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-15 17:52:13

hugsie

(firefox) window/tabs lose focus or exit fullscreen

Sometimes my active firefox windows/tabs exit fullscreen after a few seconds. This is especially annoying when i want to watch a youtube video fullscreen or when i want to type something inside a proxmox vm console. This only happens on active tabs or windows. So for the youtube video case i can just drag the tab into a new window onto another monitor, activate fullscreen and get back to the main firefox window - it stays in fullscreen. But that method ofc doesnt work for the proxmox console. I have to click inside the console every few seconds, type some characters, click back into the console window ..... again and again and again......

I disabled all my browser plugins and used a different browser without any plugins but that did not fix it. So my guess is that it has to be a desktop environmental issue - i use i3wm with i3bar and some custom scripts. And there are only a handful of programs in my autostart:

## autostart ##
# setting monitor with xrandr 
exec_always xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --mode 2560x1440 --pos 2560x0 --rotate normal --output HDMI-A-0 --primary --mode 2560x1440 --pos 0x0 --rotate      normal --output DVI-D-0 --off
exec --no-startup-id nitrogen --restore; sleep 1; picom -b -f
# source .Xresources
exec xrdb $HOME/.Xresources

exec --no-startup-id /usr/lib/polkit-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1
exec --no-startup-id /usr/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon
exec --no-startup-id xautolock -time 10 -locker 'betterlockscreen -l -b --off 300'
exec --no-startup-id nextcloud
exec --no-startup-id vorta
exec --no-startup-id imwheel -b "45"

My problem is, that i have no idea how to debug this. I dont have this problem every day and i cannot pinpoint it to a certain program or action, but when it happens it is annoying as hell. Maybe somebody can point me into the right direction.

Last edited by hugsie (2021-04-15 17:54:30)

Board footer