You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-21 05:28:25

Gtlsgamr

[SOLVED] xrandr: Configure crtc 4 failed

I have been trying to set up up multihead on my arch install where the first screen is my laptop and the second one is a monitor connected using HDMI cable. As seen in the wiki, trying to do it using xrandr --auto gives an error

xrandr: Configure crtc 4 failed

After a lot of googling and scouring the wiki and not finding any answers, I came here. I even tried setting it up using xorg.conf but doing that opens the tty in my laptop screen, and when I startx, it opens in the second screen. Leaving the tty open in the first screen. Any help would be appreciated and please tell me what I can provide to make it better for you to troubleshoot.

Last edited by Gtlsgamr (2021-04-21 15:07:43)

#2 2021-04-21 10:36:25

Lone_Wolf

Re: [SOLVED] xrandr: Configure crtc 4 failed

please post xorg log and the outputs of

$ lspci -k
$ xrandr
$ xrandr --listproviders

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2021-04-21 15:07:21

Gtlsgamr

Re: [SOLVED] xrandr: Configure crtc 4 failed

Lone_Wolf wrote:

please post xorg log and the outputs of

$ lspci -k
$ xrandr
$ xrandr --listproviders

Hey so I have been tinkering with it and I figured out that this was happening because my HDMI output was connected to the dGPU. So now I have two options: Reverse PRIME offloading or making the NVIDIA my primary GPU. I made the NVIDIA gpu my primary and now I can configure the screens using xrandr. Marking this as solved.

Board footer