You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-24 14:12:42

LostMikely

[SOLVED] systemd-logind randomly thought I had closed the lid

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude 7490 running the latest version of Arch with Swaywm. I was just doing some work in Firefox when suddenly everything went black. I've had some trouble with kernel panics related to sleep mode before (oddly only while running discord, hence I uninstalled that), but that always resulted in caps lock blinking and the screen just freezing. I pushed the power button thinking it had just turned off for some reason, but then I was right back where I was. This was surprising to me, since I haven't installed swayidle or anything else that would ever cause the computer to go into sleep. I checked journalctl and found that it says:

Apr 24 15:51:47 latitude systemd-logind[318]: Lid closed.
Apr 24 15:51:47 latitude systemd-logind[318]: Suspending...
[lots of other stuff pertaining to the system going into sleep mode...]

I certainly did not close the lid, since I had my hands on the keyboard when it happened and there is nothing in the log that seems to be out of the ordinary leading up to that point.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior, know a solution or a possible reason this happened?

Last edited by LostMikely (2021-04-24 21:06:59)

#2 2021-04-24 14:52:42

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] systemd-logind randomly thought I had closed the lid

Bad sensor?  ESD event?

When yo do close the lid, do you want it to sleep (I don't I like to ssh into it and use it is a proxy)?  If not, a work around would be to configure systemd to ignore that sensor.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2021-04-24 21:05:41

LostMikely

Re: [SOLVED] systemd-logind randomly thought I had closed the lid

The answer seems to be a lot more obvious than I thought. Apparently my sleep button works, I guess I just somehow accidentally held down the Fn-button and pressed the other button to put it to sleep haha. I didn't think it would work out of the box.

Board footer