You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-08 01:34:38

webbja123

Timeshift GUI does not launch on Arch

I just installed timeshift on my laptop, which is running kernel 5.11.11-arch1-1.  In addition to installing timeshift I also ensured that I had the correct video driver for intel.  However, when I launch timeshift it prompts me to enter my password after which nothing happens.  I checked journalctl after the process failed and it tells me that I had a JS ERROR: TypeError: searchController is null and it also tells me that it received the following message in the log; Received error from D-Bus search provider org.gnome.Recipes.desktop during GetResultMetas: Gio.DBusError: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message recipient.  Does anyone know why I cannot launch timeshift?

#2 2021-04-08 17:15:37

nunopenim

Re: Timeshift GUI does not launch on Arch

webbja123 wrote:

I just installed timeshift on my laptop, which is running kernel 5.11.11-arch1-1.  In addition to installing timeshift I also ensured that I had the correct video driver for intel.  However, when I launch timeshift it prompts me to enter my password after which nothing happens.  I checked journalctl after the process failed and it tells me that I had a JS ERROR: TypeError: searchController is null and it also tells me that it received the following message in the log; Received error from D-Bus search provider org.gnome.Recipes.desktop during GetResultMetas: Gio.DBusError: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message recipient.  Does anyone know why I cannot launch timeshift?

Can you check with dmesg if you see anything obvious? Use

sudo dmesg --level=warn

to check for warnings and

sudo dmesg --level=err

to check for errors. I think I had this issue before being on Arch. I don't remember how I fixed it though.

Check my GitHub here: github.com/nunopenim

I apologize in advance if some of my comments or replies don't make any sense, English is not my main language, although I try! Thank you for understanding, you can also point out stuff I misspell or just doesn't sound right.

#3 2021-05-02 16:37:57

default-404

running timeshift-gtk seems open the gui for now, even im on 5.11 cant get the gui using normal means

edit: turns out every other application i install is not being added to the menu even tho it has entry in /usr/share/applications, i did some digging and running

kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental

adds em to the menu

Last edited by default-404 (2021-05-02 17:07:36)

#4 2023-11-21 02:46:36

Afthab

I had the same problem. I got a fix from https://www.reddit.com/r/hyprland/comme … n_display/ .

I just had to install xorg-xhost

sudo pacman -S xorg-xhost

#5 2023-11-21 12:59:53

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

The OP has not been back since May 2021, so I am going to consider this thread abandoned and close it now.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer