You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-03 15:52:23

WorkingOnIt

Unreal Engine - Null Source Code Access?

I have created a new Blueprint project. Mousing over the "New C++ Class", I see a message saying "The code can only be compiled if you have Null Source Code Access installed."

There's another selection called "Generate Null SourceCode Access Project" that's greyed out - I've tried creating C++ projects but always get a compiler error, which I'm guessing is related.

Do you know what Null Source Code Access might be referring to and how to resolve it?

Thank you!

Last edited by WorkingOnIt (2021-05-03 15:53:25)

#2 2021-05-03 16:08:31

WorkingOnIt

Re: Unreal Engine - Null Source Code Access?

I found that "Null SourceCode Access" refers to the Editor. Changing the editor to CLion in project settings resolves this.

However "Generate CLion Project" is greyed out - from documentation I would expect it to be working.

There is a selection called "Cook Content for Linux" - I hit that and will report back.

#3 2021-05-03 18:14:58

WorkingOnIt

Re: Unreal Engine - Null Source Code Access?

Cooking Content successful. "Generate CLion Project" was still greyed out (including after application restart).

I selected "New C++ Class" and it compiled with this error at the end. This is a similar error as the one I get after creating a new C++ project:

CompilerResultsLog: Total time in Local executor: 2457.22 seconds
CompilerResultsLog: Total execution time: 2465.49 seconds
LogMainFrame: MainFrame: Module compiling took 2466.686 seconds
Reloading module MyProject2 after successful compile.
LogModuleManager: Warning: ModuleManager: Unable to load module 'MyProject2'  - 0 instances of that module name found.
Module couldn't be loaded.
LogSlate: Window 'Message' being destroyed
Message dialog closed, result: Yes, title: Message, text: Successfully added class 'MyBlueprintFunctionLibrary', however you must recompile the 'MyProject2' module before it will appear in the Content Browser. Failed to compile newly created game module.
Would you like to open the Output Log to see more details?
LogSlate: Window 'Add C++ Class' being destroyed

I can provide the full compilation log if it would be useful.

Thanks!

Edit:
Opening CLion from Unreal Editor, I am getting "CMake executable not specified [Failed to reload]". I do see an "add_executable" line at the end of the CMakeLists.txt however.

Last edited by WorkingOnIt (2021-05-03 19:46:47)

Board footer