You are not logged in.

#426 2021-03-29 00:25:16

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: aurutils - helper tools for the aur

Alad wrote:

aur-build already does something like that by using a pacman.conf with only a single repo inside:

https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/blob/ … #L371-L374

That's.... actually so simple I feel stupid. Thanks Alad!

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#427 2021-04-18 01:04:17

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Alad wrote:

Maybe I should remove that remark on multiple repositories since it seems to lead more to confusion than enlightening ideas. Anyway:

1. One reason for keeping VCS packages in a separate repo is that it gives an exact definition on what a VCS package is (the package suffix does not necessarily, see https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/56602): it is whatever you put in the VCS repo. That again can be used with aur-srcver.

Keeping ABS packages in a separate repo allows you to put it above any other repositories in pacman.conf, which is something you wouldn't want to do with an AUR repo.

I'd not classify further than the above. For modified AUR pkgbuilds, it's unfortunate pacman/vercmp supports no "~user" prefix like dpkg but as ABS pkgbuilds, you can use a custom group (e.g group=custom) to distinguish them.

I recall previously being able to use aur-srcver or some similar incantation to check all -git suffixed, is this no longer possible? Where can I read the 'correct' way of checking VCS packages for updates using srcver?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#428 2021-04-19 09:04:32

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

It was moved to a man page because the existing mechanism was slow and not very general.

https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/blob/ … 7/aurvcs.7

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby
Honest Alad's Package Emporium—Now with added bugs! (Grand reopening: December 1st 2018)

#429 2021-05-02 15:05:21

sshaikh

I'm trying to use aurutils to build linux-xanmod in a chroot.

The PKGBUILD looks for environment variables to change some options.

How can I pass those environment variables to the chroot? I'm using aur build to do so.

EDIT: actually it seems it would require $HOME and $XDG_CONFIG_HOME to be set.

Last edited by sshaikh (2021-05-02 15:08:07)

#430 2021-05-03 19:23:35

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

You can try specifying them on the makechrootpkg command line, e.g.

aur build -c --margs="HOME=$HOME,XDG_CONFIG_HOME=$XDG_CONFIG_HOME <...>

Note: I haven't actually tested this.

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby
Honest Alad's Package Emporium—Now with added bugs! (Grand reopening: December 1st 2018)

#431 2021-06-13 05:55:27

Strykar

In version 2.3.7, to check aur updates I'd:

/usr/bin/aur repo -d custom --list | \
	/usr/bin/aur vercmp && \
	/usr/bin/pacman -Qm | \
	/usr/bin/aur vercmp

And to update aur packages I'd:

/usr/bin/grep -Fxf <(/usr/bin/pacman -Qq) \
	<(/usr/bin/pacman -Slq custom) > ~/installed.txt \
	&& /usr/bin/xargs -a ~/installed.txt \
	/usr/bin/aur sync repo -d custom

I read the change document and I'm still confused sad
Would someone please post examples to check and update aur packages with aurutils 3.0.x like the one's above?

#432 2021-06-13 10:48:02

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op/TU
Website

I'm not sure how that command-line wouldn't work with aurutils 3.x?

Board footer