You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-18 00:22:40

p0indext0r

Has anyone tried...?

Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has tried Rubyx www.rubyx.org. This is a new linux distro and it sounds interesting.

I heard that it was just like gentoo, only written in ruby instead of python... but i have a feeling that there is more to it. I'll probably just end up playing with it on my test system.

Anyway, if anyone has or knows someone who has I was just wondering what impressions you have or may have gotten from it.

If a turtle loses its shell, is it naked or homeless? -- p0indext0r

#2 2004-03-18 00:55:58

zeppelin
Website

Re: Has anyone tried...?

IIRC (there are some months now) this distro has scripts that automate the installation procedure. so if you 're gonna install/upgrade etc in a LAN which has a lot of computers, then you use this distro [I could be wrong though] .. smile

#3 2004-03-23 11:43:01

ferrix

Re: Has anyone tried...?

I've got Rubyx installed, connected and running KDE - after a loong struggle smile I think it absolutely rocks. It is so lean and clean it makes Gentoo look old and bloated... but at the moment it  isn't available  - the cost of banwidth chewed up by the lone ftp server proved too much and it is now off-line until Andrew (Rubyx creator) figures out a more distributed approach... the website is still up though, so you can read up about its features - it is really neat.

Board footer