You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-23 02:17:56

Richjn

Thanks to all the AL developers

I just wanted to post a quick thanks to all those involved in this great distro.

I have only been using Linux for about 6 months having started with Red Hat 9 then Fedora and finnaly Mandrake. Although they are great for newbies like me in as much that you can just pop the CD' s in and let it do its thing I soon became frustrated with the "forced" installation of so much crap I didn't want and the " lowest common denominator" aproach to optimizations. I read about AL on www.LinuxQuestions.org and thought this sounds like me.

Although I'm new to Linux and had concerns that this wasn' t really for beginners I have to say that despite a few banging head against desk moments (which module to load for my NIC) everything has gone really well and this in part is down to all the excellent advice available in this forum -- Thanks Guys  big_smile

One thing I have notticed is that kbear does not work with KDE 3.2.1 this is a known problem (sourceforge documentation) and the app just needs recompiling with some undeclared headers patches. I have yet to set up my development enviroment but if I'm not beaten to the post will try to build and post back here. (looking forward to giving makepkg a go  8)

Oh well enough dribble from me but thanks again.

Richard

#2 2004-03-23 03:08:47

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Thanks to all the AL developers

Richjn wrote:

....kbear does not work with KDE 3.2.1..... will try to build and post back here. (looking forward to giving makepkg a go  8)

If you get kbear compiled, please let us know.

Kbear home page:
http://kbear.sourceforge.net/

Markku

#3 2004-03-23 12:41:10

wakeupbomb

Re: Thanks to all the AL developers

Richjn wrote:

One thing I have notticed is that kbear does not work with KDE 3.2.1 this is a known problem (sourceforge documentation) and the app just needs recompiling with some undeclared headers patches.

So that's why it wouldn't work, I thought it was my computer refusing me ftp access again.

Board footer