You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-18 01:42:02

misfitxtm

[SOLVED] No wifi after boot on Thinkpad T61. Have to init manually.

So I just did a fresh install of Arch on my T61 and I got everything working fine including Bluetooth, but after I did my first reboot I had no wifi and I had to manually initialize wpa_supplicant again in order to get wifi working. Do you think this is a problem with the wifi-card itself or am I forgetting something? I created my wpa_supplicant.conf file with params

"ctrl_interface=/run/wpa_supplicant" & "update_config=1"

I then did "wpa_passphrase" outputted to my /run/wpa_supplicant file and then initialized with

"wpa_supplicant -B -i $interface_name -c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant-wls3.conf".

It worked fine for a little while then randomly stopped receiving connection during an update so I rebooted and realized I had no wifi. Only when I re-ran the above command did it come back online. I'm kind of at a loss. I couldn't find anything in the wiki about this. I just followed the same steps I follow on all my fresh arch installs that normally work flawlessly.

Last edited by misfitxtm (2021-05-18 22:45:47)

#2 2021-05-18 09:29:18

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] No wifi after boot on Thinkpad T61. Have to init manually.

Please change your topic title to something that actually reflects your question.

Generally if you want things to work at boot you'll enable relevant services. If you're sure you want to use wpa_supplicant in a standalone manner for that, see: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Wpa_su … _(systemd)

#3 2021-05-18 20:14:53

misfitxtm

Re: [SOLVED] No wifi after boot on Thinkpad T61. Have to init manually.

Sorry, this is my first post. I did enable the service using systemd and it still won't work on boot without initialization. Any ideas why this would happen? Do you have any alternative ways to enable wifi on boot? wpa_supplicant and systemd is how i have always done it on my installs. Never had this issue before.

Last edited by misfitxtm (2021-05-18 20:17:42)

Board footer